Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How much is gasoline at the pump where you live? (current week cheapest you have   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started 4/12/21 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 7737 views.
YWN666

6/7/21

Haha!  One of my favorite tricks is to pretend I'm hard of hearing so I keep asking the caller to talk louder.  I had one guy nearly screaming into the phone before he hung up.

Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

I remember that.  It’s so easy now to block calls if they don’t change IP addresses. 

Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

I did that once with a Windows Store employee. Of course there is no such thing.  I let them go through their whole speech and and said can you fix my IOS?  Oh yes, sure sure. Just give us access. Then I said it’s very difficult for you to fix my Windows program when I’m using an Apple product.  They hung up.

Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

We even get similar here but they land in the queue until they are deleted.

Showtalk
Host

6/7/21

You’d think they would catch on sooner, but if you sound vulnerable on the phone, they think they’ve got a live prospect. Then they realize they are the target.

YWN666

6/8/21

I'm sure they must get some gullible victims or else they wouldn't waste their time.

Showtalk
Host

6/8/21

They do. If they can make thousands with one victim all they need is one or two a day to make more money than they ever could at a typical job.

hahahahaha.

The more of their time we can waste, the less they have to scam someone else