Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Would you pay extra for a food shopper to also put away your groceries?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jun-1 by Showtalk; 2089 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jun-1

Would you pay extra for a food shopper to also put away your groceries?
  • Yes, I would0  votes
    0%
  • No, it is too intrusive and potentially unsafe to allow strangers inside3  votes
    23%
  • No, I won't know where to find anything2  votes
    15%
  • Yes, I would pay for even more services if offered.0  votes
    0%
  • I would like it but I can't afford it0  votes
    0%
  • 1 and 40  votes
    0%
  • 2 and 35  votes
    38%
  • Other3  votes
    23%
Yes, I would 
No, it is too intrusive and potentially unsafe to allow strangers inside 
No, I won't know where to find anything 
Yes, I would pay for even more services if offered. 
I would like it but I can't afford it 
1 and 4 
2 and 3 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Jun-1

Unsafe but not for the reasons most urbanites would think of. My greatest fear is busybodies who might decide to then tell others who might then decide to condemn the place or foist too expensive to comply with edicts or other similar things.

I don't even really let others in the door - because it's not presentable to the standards most people would demand for a household's level of orderliness and lack of clutter.

Nope. Just nope.

Besides, I'm far enough out that a delivery would be exhorbitantly expensive anyway.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-6

Clutter and cleanliness are relative.  

How true. But I still have a deathly fear of "being weighed in the balance and found wanting".

Showtalk
Host

Jun-7

It’s none of their business.  I once had a bunch of papers and things I was sorting out on a table when we had to have someone come into check something.  I overheard them asking their partner if we had been robbed.  The other one said, No they’re just messy.  I came in and asked Just how messy are we? They were embarrassed.  Anyone can have clutter here or there.

Marlin (LINLEE)

Jun-10

I do my own shopping.

There are people sufficiently afraid of clutter being seen by authority figures that they have been known to crawl out onto the porch to await an ambulance in a medical emergency so EMTs do not come inside. And of course many have been eventually found dead because they didn't call for help when they needed it.

I've read a lot about the phenomena and discussed it a lot on a clutter support group back in the 1990s.

Fear of being judged has resulted in a lot of needless suffering by a very large number of people over the years who have clutter issues.

It was one, although not the main reason, for declining to have children. Because the reasoning was, "I have enough to keep up with now, there's no way I'd avoid being reported to CPS for unsanitary or messy conditions, so best avoid that risk profile"

Showtalk
Host

Jun-11

I do too.  Some people can’t.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-11

We all have our own comfort levels.  A friend is so compulsively neat she can’t ever have anything out of place.  Her house is perfectly neat, but she’s miserable.  There must be a connection there.