Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

College Degree? (See next post for de...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Aug-10 by WALTER784; 8719 views.
Showtalk
Host

Aug-22

The flights are from the U.S to Afghanistan. It’s called kayak.com and they are out of date. I doubt any airlines are flying into Kabul right now.

Showtalk said:

The flights are from the U.S to Afghanistan. It’s called kayak.com and they are out of date. I doubt any airlines are flying into Kabul right now

those will be sources of amusement, and paper tickets for those flights booked before TSHTF will become collectors' items. Kind of like tickets to the Elvis Presley concert scheduled a day or two after he died.

Or a ticket to an event scheduled in the Windows on the World restaurant for September 12, 2001.

Showtalk
Host

Aug-29

Two members of Congress visited Kabul last week, on D and one R. Pelosi chastised them both.

I doubt they traveled on any commercial flight

Showtalk
Host

Aug-30

You are right! Mouton and Meijer flew into Kabul on a chartered aircraft.  

WALTER784

Aug-31

Now that is an asinine of a political power play as I've seen in ages.

Two Congressmen took unnecessary flights to Kabul. They disturbed the already tense situation on the ground because some of our military presence there had to ensure their safety. The two should be penalized... at least they should refund We The Taxpayer's monies spent on their flight and the additional security detail while on the ground from their own personal pockets.

There is absolutely NO NEED for them to have gone... what ever their supposed reasoning might have been. Our military are on top alert for any/all kinds of things that might happen and then these two turkeys come on scene. They could have done a zoom or other military channel secure line call for a lot less money if they did absolutely had to have a conference.

Looks like two more we need to kick out of Congress!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-31

Then you agree with Pelosi.  When then good.

WALTER784

Aug-31

Showtalk said...

Then you agree with Pelosi.  When then good.

I definitely do not agree with Pelosi, but occasionally, she might have the same perspective as I do. But that DOES NOT mean I agree with her. Only that she agrees with me!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-31

Funny. Ok, she agrees with you. But she is in the news and you aren’t.

Showtalk said:

You are right! Mouton and Meijer flew into Kabul on a chartered aircraft.

Considering the urgency of what needed to get done, something the equivalent of a reverse Berlin Airlift, they just got in the way.

Would have served them right to have gotten shot down going in or out, but the blood of those who couldn't get a flight out because the chartered aircraft was taking up an arrival and departure slot, is on their hands. In my view, what they did was essentially like slowing down in front of a fire truck or ambulance and not letting it pass despite the lights and siren going.