Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Most Mask Wearers will be Dead or Dement   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Aug-21 by Dee (DLAINEDEE); 4127 views.
Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Aug-21

Most Mask Wearers will be Dead or Demented in Ten Years - Dr. Vernon Coleman

https://www.brighteon.com/3ac3a2c3-b632-4cb8-8c18-f823b973bd95

Showtalk
Host

Aug-21

I’m sorry, that title alone makes me laugh.  It sounds so extreme, I can’t even consider it.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Aug-21

Other then the title, did you even listen to what this doctor had to say?

Showtalk
Host

Aug-21

I tried but he is delusional. I finally had to stop watching.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Aug-21

No he isn't, not at all.  So no amount of doctors, no matter what their expertise is, no matter who they are, unless they are on tv, you won't believe them, or even listen to what they say.  Ok...

WALTER784

Aug-22

Seems a little bit overboard if you ask me. Actually a bit comical to say the least. Satire?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-22

This is exactly why people don’t believe charlatans.  It’s like seeing UFOs. After a while people don’t want to hear anymore because they mix truth and fiction.  

Showtalk
Host

Aug-22

I don’t think so, I think he’s serious.

OMG the pop-overs even with NoScript and AdBlock Plus running on FireFox. And the snake oil ads in the sidebars. When a site is plastered with snake oil potions and tinctures and stuff that claim to cure everything from erectile dysfunction to cancer, that's a fairly good indication of the channel from which the revenue flows from the desperate and the naive to the charlatans.

It has the classic feel of a late 19th century medicine show promoted by assorted charlatans.

The really tragic thing is, often people turn to megadoses of supplements in the face of truly life threatening progressive diseases, and in some cases (particularly some kinds of cancers), a large influx of vitamins and minerals accelerate the growth and metastasis because now the cancer has that extra nutrition that it wouldn't have had otherwise.

A friend of mine's aunt was spending about $2,500 a month on supplements towards the end, and we think it lopped a good decade off of her life, and made her last few years miserable. She also didn't tell the doctors how much stuff she was actually taking. We made a rough calculation after her death, just from the assorted bottles all over, and shipments that arrived after she died.

Some herbal things have active ingredients - many of the most powerful and effective drugs are derived from substances produced in plants, animals, and fungi. The same is true of an assortment of recreational substances that have hallucinogenic, stimulant, or sedative properties. (thinking of about 30 species of plants, 10 species of fish and amphibians, and at least a couple of fungi that ingestion of parts of their flesh will have you tripping).

A good fraction of the people, actuarially, who are over 65 will be dead or disabled in a decade, by the way. And in 40 years, all will be dead except for a fraction of a percent.

In 60 years. 100%, according to the age of the longest lived person on record out of those at 65 and older will definitely be dead. That is the modern era. Methuselah doesn't count.

So it's partly comical to see people saying that those vaccinated will be dying in droves in the next decade. Since the most vulnerable population, most heavily vaccinated, are already in or near the final decade of their life just due to plain old age, of course you'll see them dying off. That's what happens to old people. That's been happening since the earliest lifeforms appeared on the planet.

Every bit of limestone and marble are made of the remains of billions and billions of creatures that lived millions to billions of years ago. And every time you pull up to the gas pump and fill up your car, you are putting the processed remains of billions of tiny creatures that died long and long ago. So everything is going to die sooner or later, and we have actuarial tables to predict statistically, about when most will.

Stressors brought about by the pandemic and the increasing complexity of the modern world are a much bigger factor in life expectancy. If anything, vaccines, by preventing a debilitating contagious disease, greatly improve the quality of life in one's final years, but nothing will stop the inevitable end from arriving.

Showtalk said:

that title alone makes me laugh.

Same here.

If there weren't people who actually believed that stuff, because it sounds kind of sciency and kind of doctory, it would be extra funny.

Here's a classic. Put on a white lab coat and speak in an authoritative tone, and someone who had never rebuilt an automatic transmission or had much experience working on cars would probably fall for this hook, line, and sinker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

and some back story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkH20fNavoI