Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Truth about Covid vaccine failure   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Aug-22 by Showtalk; 2263 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Aug-22

Truth about Covid vaccine failure
  • Covid 19 vaccines are failing and will cause more infections6  votes
    35%
  • Covid vaccines are losing some effectiveness but still work4  votes
    23%
  • Covid vaccines have isolated failure rates but are still effective2  votes
    11%
  • Covid vaccines worked as planned, cut death rates and serious complications5  votes
    29%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Covid 19 vaccines are failing and will cause more infections 
Covid vaccines are losing some effectiveness but still work 
Covid vaccines have isolated failure rates but are still effective 
Covid vaccines worked as planned, cut death rates and serious complications 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Aug-22

Yep, and yep.

" ... COVID vaccines are expected to reduce transmission among those with an asymptomatic breakthrough infection, says Nick Grassly, a professor in the department of infectious disease epidemiology at Imperial College London. “So you already have the fact that you’re immunized and less likely to become infected, and even if you are infected, your risk of transmitting the virus is reduced,” he adds. One reason is that the amount of the coronavirus, its viral load, is lower in such infections, so there is less of it to transmit. How this pattern looks with the Delta variant is not clear. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study published in late July pointed to similar viral counts among vaccinated and unvaccinated people. In that study, however, the researchers did not conduct tests to confirm true viral loads or report data on transmission from vaccinated people, and the "unvaccinated" group included people who were partially vaccinated.

Breakthrough cases do not occur because the vaccines are ineffective. Immunity can wane over time, and a vaccine might be less effective for a given pathogen. The measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine is one example: its protection against measles is strong, but the immunity to mumps it confers is less so, Talaat says. ...

Showtalk
Host

Sep-1

But no one gets mumps anymore.  It’s very rare.

WALTER784

Sep-2

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

COVID vaccines are expected to reduce transmission among those with an asymptomatic breakthrough infection, says Nick Grassly, a professor in the department of infectious disease epidemiology at Imperial College London. “So you already have the fact that you’re immunized and less likely to become infected, and even if you are infected, your risk of transmitting the virus is reduced,” he adds.

When did he say this? I ask because numerous things these people have said in the past have been proven incorrect time and again after a few months!

FWIW

Showtalk said:

But no one gets mumps anymore. It’s very rare.

Because enough people have been vaccinated against it in childhood, that it's not got many available hosts to infect and far too few available reservoirs of infected individuals to pass it along. It's not totally extinct like smallpox, but vaccination made it extremely rare.

WALTER784 said:

When did he say this? I ask because numerous things these people have said in the past have been proven incorrect time and again after a few months!

It was the best knowledge at the time. .That is how science works. And you tweak the knowledge as new evidence fills in more pieces of the puzzle.

WALTER784

Sep-3

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

WALTER784 said:

It was the best knowledge at the time. .That is how science works. And you tweak the knowledge as new evidence fills in more pieces of the puzzle.

At the time??? And when was that time? May 2020? Aug 2020? That was my original question but you didn't answer.

FWIW

WALTER784

Sep-3

OK then... So it's fairly recent... Aug. 4, 2021... almost one month ago.

But I find two things in particular in that article that particularly trouble me:

1) Your article says: >>>A “breakthrough” simply means that a vaccinated person has tested positive for the disease-causing agent, not that they will become ill or transmit the infection to someone else. Most vaccinated people who are infected do not have symptoms, and those that do tend to have mild illness. Even with the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, the vaccines show good protection against symptomatic disease and death.<<<

Note in that link they mentioned above (from the article you posted)... if you follow it to [https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/], specifically states the following:

2) >>>The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently monitors hospitalizations and deaths, from any cause, among fully vaccinated individuals with COVID-19, but not breakthrough infections, which it stopped monitoring as of May 1. CDC presents this data in aggregate at the national level but not by state, and there is no single, public repository for data by state or data on breakthrough infections, since the CDC stopped monitoring them.<<<

Hello?

Did I just misread something? The CDC stopped monitoring breakthrough infections since May 1, 2021!!! 

Are you kidding me? With all the lack of information we already don't have... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THEY STOP MONITORING BREAKTHROUGH INFECTIONS BACK IN MAY OF THIS YEAR?

It makes no sense other than... had they continued to monitor breakthrough infections... it would have shown what they're currently attempting to conceal and hide from you!!!

When was the first breakthrough occurrence discovered? 

I find the above portion in red highly suspicious of some kind of cover up activity.

Do you read it any differently with all your wisdom?

FWIW