Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New waste laws planned. Do you agree? (SNP)   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-25 by Showtalk; 10123 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

Are they? You don’t have any horses?

Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

They have done their best to prevent a real audit. The media didn’t disclose that, which is exactly the kind of thing I referred to just now in a different discussion.

WALTER784

Oct-10

Showtalk said...

They have done their best to prevent a real audit. The media didn’t disclose that, which is exactly the kind of thing I referred to just now in a different discussion.

But in your above post you said:

So is it over or isn't it?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

Facetious.  My previous post was humor.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-10

I replied with a link to the rebuttal to this post. I'll see if I can find it again.  I can tell you a personal story on the Goodyear "doesn't exist" in that my son worked for the 2020 census and recognized the address and the house that the *audit* claimed didn't exist.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-10

Please see my post 5178.97....Here is the start of it. I'm using the analysis of the audit as my response.  I will not line by line respond to your post.  As I said before several times, the Maricopa County Election count has been audited four times.  I don't have the time or inclination to try to change the mind of someone as heavy into denial and conspiracy theories as you appear to be.  Don't respond, Walter, I'm done with this.  Biden is President. Live with it.   

The states response to the audit findings.

Regarding Logan’s claim that 9,000 voters cast more than one ballot, the county said the audit team erred by counting duplicate images of early ballot envelopes that election officials make when a voters’ signature requires additional steps to verify it. And another claim that 5,300 voters cast ballots in multiple counties was based on the audit team’s failure to check voters’ full names, Social Security numbers and drivers’ license numbers, rather than make assumptions based on voters who shared the same first and last names, middle initials and birth years. 

The county rejected the audit team’s claim that there were nearly 2,600 more duplicated ballots than the county’s records showed. Duplication is a process in which election officials re-copy a voter’s choices onto a new ballot because the original is unreadable by ballot tabulation machines. County officials re-checked their records and again found 27,869 duplicated ballots, not the more than 29,000 claimed by the audit, the report said.

The report does not offer any explanation or speculation as to how Cyber Ninjas reached its figure for duplicate ballots, but alleges that outside observers raised

I don't have any horses but at one point in my mis-spent youth I had an airplane. And some of the neighbors have horses AND airplanes. And the horses are a bigger weekly expense beyond of course avgas and such, unless they got something like a 1940s to 1950s era V-tailed Beech Bonanza, which when we had one of those, it quickly turned into a white elephant.

Airworthiness Directives are kind of like recalls but they are issued by the FAA. If you have one of the affected aircraft, it doesn't fly again until certain things detailed in the AD note are fixed.

I got really good as a teenager at putting the plane up on a special jack reading through the directive, finding the part that had to be taken off and boxed up and shipped to a laboratory for the required tests, or replacement with a modified component that was less likely to crack or corrode or whatever was the issue that had come up on that make and model aircraft.

Then all the stuff to do the grunt work to install things and then get a licensed A&P (airframe and powerplant) mechanic to properly inspect it, verify everything was done by the book, put in the safety wires and sign off on it and then close up that part of the fuselage.

Now if we'd held on to the Piper Colt, or hung on to the Cessna 172 when we traded up from the Colt, I might actually be able to keep flying for a few more years

But the oil boom went bust, the bottom fell out, i went through 24 consecutive months without an income, and figure that getting the Bonanza sold meant we dodged a bullet. It was now someone else's white elephant.

But I did look up the tail number online recently. Someone still has it and is still flying the thing from time to time.

Horses eat whether you ride them or not. And of course there's all those vet bills. Airplanes typically cost a few thousand a year just in annual inspections and required maintenance.

WALTER784

Oct-11

I saw their poor excuse of a rebuttal...

>>>County: Files were archived, not deleted

Perhaps the most damning allegation that the audit team made was that files from the county’s election system and logs were purged or deleted. Cotton alleged that some of the deletions occurred at suspicious moments, such as just before a forensic audit that the county ordered of some ballot tabulation machines, or shortly before the county turned over its equipment to the audit team.

But the county responded that many of the files were archived during routine backups, and that the subpoenas issued by Fann and Petersen never sought the backup logs or archives. As to information allegedly deleted on the logs that automatically track all actions taken on the election equipment, the county said those logs are configured according to factory settings, which have a storage limit of 20 megabytes. The report said no logs were “intentionally deleted.” According to Fields Moseley, a spokesman for the county, the logs are automatically overwritten when they reach their storage limit, which has a six-month capacity.<<<

The files they deleted were prior to handing them over to the audit team. They did not mention they archived the data before they deleted it... they just handed over the server with the deleted files on them to the audit team.

Why didn't they just leave the files in tact and hand them over to the audit team? Oh yeah... their mention that the storage only allows 20MByte limit and that it gets over written and has a storage capacity of only six-month capacity.

But on those servers they deleted the 2020 data from and handed over to the auditors... there were also files from the 2018 and 2016 elections on them. 

Ahem... the six-month capacity with data from 2.5 and 4.5 years ago still on the disks but nothing from the 2020 election.

And even though the request was for ALL election related data... (including the archive they backed up)... they purposefully didn't mention the backup and also purposefully didn't provide the backup to the auditors either!

Finally, this is 2021... last year was 2020... go buy any smartphone on the market and it has 32GB storage capacity. Go back to 2010... you could still buy the older flip phones with 512MB of storage capacity. How old were these machines that they can only handle 20MB of data? It would have had to be 1995 or 1996!

They're attempted rebuttals are as porous as a screen door in a submarine and don't hold any water what so ever!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

Airplane fuel is expensive. But you are right planes don’t need to eat or see a vet.