Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

U.S drone strike killed aid worker and children   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Sep-10 by Showtalk; 1551 views.
Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

That is your opinion and mine is different. Read what these people who know Biden say about him. It’s not just my opinion, his cognitive decline is obvious.  Look at how quickly they rush him out before he can get many serious questions.  

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-12

I don’t see it. I see people like Dr Marc Siegel who once had a stellar reputation claim Trump had no cognitive decline and that Biden is completely senile. The same people said this about Hillary Clinton. If you want to believe that bs, have at it

Showtalk
Host

Sep-12

Hillary Clinton had no cognitive decline but she did faint once.  

WALTER784

Sep-13

Marci (marcinmin) said...

Trump is the one who made the deal with the Taliban and released 5000 prisoners. Yes Biden also pledged to get us out of Afghanistan as well. 20 years is long enough. Nation building only works when the country wants it. We’ve had enough Americans die in a wise we never should have been in. The war has also drained resources that should be spend on Americans 

You need to learn a bit about what you're talking about...

First of all, the 5,000 prisoners which Trump (or more accurately... the Afghanistan military) released are those which Americans had captured and held in the prison at Bagram AFB, but who had no proven direct ties with Al Quaida or ISIS. And that is what Al Jazeera themselves actually reported in Feb. 2019!

What happened to prisoners at Bagram, ‘Afghanistan’s Guantanamo’? | Asia | Al Jazeera

Secondly, there were 5,000 ~ 7,000 others also held at Bagram AFP prison but whom Trump would not allow to be released because they were known to have ties with Al Quaida or ISIS. 

On Aug. 27, 2021; Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said that “thousands” of ISIS-K terrorists have been released from the prison at the Bagram Air Base since President Joe Biden’s administration abandoned it on July 1.

During a Pentagon press briefing, Kirby was asked about the number of ISIS-K fighters who have been released from prison amid President Joe Biden’s chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan, to which he responded, “I don’t know the exact number. Clearly, it’s in the thousands when you consider both prisons, because both of them were taken over by the Taliban and emptied. But I couldn’t give you a precise figure.”

'Thousands' of ISIS-K terrorists released from Bagram after Biden abandoned it, Pentagon says | American Military News

But on Aug. 15, 2021; Fox News reported that...

Afghan officials estimated that the U.S. left about 5,000 to 7,000 prisoners in the air base when the Americans left, according to Axios.

The Pul-e-Charkhi prison, the largest in Afghanistan, contained a maximum-security cell block for Al Qaeda and Taliban prisoners. Afghan government troops surrendered control of the base without a fight.

Taliban frees thousands of prisoners from former US base: report | Fox News

So it looks like Fox News knows more than Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby or Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby purposefully hid the exact number. And they were the ones with direct ties to Al Quaida or ISIS. The same ones Biden left in their cells at Bagram when we pulled out and didn't notify Afghanistan Military that we were pulling out!!!

FWIW

• Edited September 13, 2021 3:29 am  by  WALTER784
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-13

WALTER784 said:

First of all, the 5,000 prisoners which Trump (or more accurately... the Afghanistan military) released are those which Americans had captured and held in the prison at Bagram AFB, but who had no proven direct ties with Al Quaida or ISIS. And that is what Al Jazeera themselves actually reported in Feb. 2019!

Yeah, but; https://www.wsj.com/articles/taliban-commander-who-led-attack-on-afghan-city-was-released-from-prison-last-year-officials-say-11628010527

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-13

notice how the right now tries to portray the Taliban as 'good guys,' except when it doesn't fit their narrative. We went to war with the Taliban after OBL and Al Qaeda left the country. The right thinks the Saudis are great allies and the leaders, even though most of the 9/11 bombers were from there. It's all relative and usually depends on $$

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-13

I think it's more about how der leader (Trumo) made one of the greatest "deals" in the history of deals with the Taliban, of which this prisoner release was a direct result and almost immediately the Taliban reneged on the deal...what a deal from the greatest deal maker of all time.

WALTER784

Sep-13

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

WALTER784 said:

Yeah, but; https://www.wsj.com/articles/taliban-commander-who-led-attack-on-afghan-city-was-released-from-prison-last-year-officials-say-11628010527

I attempted to view the link you posted, but it showed the following screen, but as I'm not a subscriber and cannot see it without subscribing... it's sort of hard to really say much.

But looking at the title... I can see that it says >>>

Taliban Commander Who Led Attack on Afghan City Was Released From Prison Last Year, Officials Say<<<

Please note that the word in red is not singular, but plural. That means that at least 2 or perhaps more officials said that. To confirm whether this is true or not... who are those supposed "Officials"? I see no mention of their names in the part of the article I can see.

And when I try to do a search of [Mawlavi Talib], the only sites I see using reference to his name are either liberal sites or some Al Jazzera or other unknown sites which I've never heard of before.

So I went over to Fox News and did a search for [Mawlavi Talib]... but nothing turned up.
I also went over to Breitbard and did a search for [Mawlavi Talib]... but nothing turned up there either.

So I started looking into some of the liberal news media sites to see what they were saying and one said that [Mawlavi Talib] was arrested in Jan 2020 because he was attacking British forces. 

So now, let's look at this. If this so called high ranking Taliban was arrested and held in Bagram prison as they claim, it's very very very highly unlikely that he would have been released in the Sept. 2020 5,000 prisoner release.

Likewise, if such a high ranking Taliban were captured and placed in the Bagram prison, either Fox News, Breitbart News or some other non-liberal news media would have picked up on that story and printed something, but I cannot find any reference of such news what so ever.

I do however find WSJ quoting something from the NY Times and the NY Times also referencing something from the WSJ about [Mawlavi Talib].

Yet another liberal site that claimed [Mawlavi Talib] was arrested in Jan 2020 seems to use WSJ's Sep 2021 article as their source! (* LOL *) Yeah... go figure that one.

So what do we have here... only liberal news media circle referencing each other and unknown Officials who's names we don't know and thus have no way of even trying to find out whether this is credible or not! (* HMMMMM *) Starting to smell like bad sardines that have been left out in the sun for a few days!

Any better sources available to corroborate that story?

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Sep-13

WSJ is a conservative publication, of course they are reasoned and not insane so there's that, goes against your grain I know. 

BBC confirms https://www.bbc.com/news/58412530

But I guess because the BBC isn't owned by Murdoch or editorially controlled by Steve Bannon that makes that source inadmissible right?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/08/remembering-the-shameful-trump-taliban-peace-agreement/

https://www.counterextremism.com/extremists/mawlavi-talib

Marci (marcinmin)

Sep-13

The WSJ has some good reporters but the editorial board is far right and total Trumpers. I suspect the Murdoch family isn’t as directly involved with WSJ as FNC or NY Post, but it is clear who owns them. The editorial board has a weekly Show on Fox which makes it clear where they stand.