Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Sep-14 by WALTER784; 427 views.
WALTER784

Sep-14

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

Background: Reports of waning vaccine-induced immunity against COVID-19 have begun to surface. With that, the comparable long-term protection conferred by previous infection with SARS-CoV-2 remains unclear. Methods: We conducted a retrospective observational study comparing three groups: (1)SARS-CoV-2-naive individuals who received a two-dose regimen of the BioNTech/Pfizer mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine, (2)previously infected individuals who have not been vaccinated, and (3)previously infected and single dose vaccinated individuals. Three multivariate logistic regression models were applied. In all models we evaluated four outcomes: SARS-CoV-2 infection, symptomatic disease, COVID-19-related hospitalization and death. The follow-up period of June 1 to August 14, 2021, when the Delta variant was dominant in Israel. Results: SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees had a 13.06-fold (95% CI, 8.08 to 21.11) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant (P<0.001) for symptomatic disease as well. When allowing the infection to occur at any time before vaccination (from March 2020 to February 2021), evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated, though SARS-CoV-2 naive vaccinees had a 5.96-fold (95% CI, 4.85 to 7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI, 5.51 to 9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease. SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees were also at a greater risk for COVID-19-related-hospitalizations compared to those that were previously infected. Conclusions: This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections (clinicalnews.org)

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Sep-14

And then there's this...

Sanjay Gupta finally asks Fauci about Israeli study showing ‘Natural Immunity’ is 13X times greater than Vaccine…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/stop-the-presses-sanjay-gupta-finally-asks-fauci-about-israeli-study-showing-natural-immunity-is-13x-times-greater-than-vaccine/

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-14

Immunities are not all the same. One person can develop strong immunity from Covid while another had barely any. With a shot, the immunities are controlled and are more consistent from one person to the next.  I’m not worried for people who have had Covid and survived but for those who have not and who are unvaccinated.

WALTER784

Sep-14

Showtalk said...

I’m not worried for people who have had Covid and survived but for those who have not and who are unvaccinated.

I'm not worried for those who are unvaccinated if they do not have comorbidities. For those with comorbidities... then yes, I would worry about them.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-14

The unfair area are those who had Covid but are being treated like criminals.  Those who have not had either have some responsibility to try and remain healthy and not spread it. 

WALTER784

Sep-14

Showtalk said...

The unfair area are those who had Covid but are being treated like criminals.  Those who have not had either have some responsibility to try and remain healthy and not spread it. 

But you can spread the Delta just as much if you're vaccinated as if you're unvaccinated. Thus getting the vaccination doesn't prevent the spread!

And on another note... why mandate somebody to get a vaccination if they've already recovered and are 13 times less risky than those whom have been vaccinated of getting re-infected?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-14

Ask Fauci. I have stopped calling him Dr.

WALTER784

Sep-14

Showtalk said...

Ask Fauci. I have stopped calling him Dr.

I wouldn't ask him in the first place because I don't trust what ever he says...

But Gupta did ask Fauci just that...

Since studies now show that vaccinated people are 13 times more likely to get the Delta than those who recovered naturally, and they ask whether they should get the mandated vaccination even though they've already recovered, Fauci's answer was just another question...

Fauci said that's a really good question and I don't have an answer for you... that's something that we're going to have to discuss is the durability of the response. He then said he would have to know the duration of the natural immunity to be able to give a better response.

In other words, he pulled a Psaki circle back and never really answered the question.

FWIW
Showtalk
Host

Sep-14

He needs to go. We need to know the truth and he’s not giving it.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Sep-22

There is truth all around.  If you do not go to websites that DO NOT censor, then you will never know what the truth is.  Once mainstream media demonizes a doctor, of any medical field or degree, that 5 minutes before being demonized was a recognized medical expert, that should throw up a red flag, and cause you to go find out what that medical expert said.  But it doesn't.............

Yet so many have chosen to believe Fauci and his guaranteed death protocols and his 'recommended' anti-freedom mandates, and have taken his vaccine gene therapy and boosters, all the while saying Fauci is a liar and needs to be removed, retired, and/or arrested.  Why would anyone inject themselves with a mRNA shot, never before used on humans, from a man that has done nothing but lie?   And, take a shot from this very man that murdered over a million homosexual men in the 80s.

The truth is NEVER going to be on mainstream news media, NEVER.