Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Vaccinated People Should Be Put in Quar   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Sep-18 by WALTER784; 10286 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-29

This is what happened when science messes around with diseases.

WALTER784 said:

Researchers Warn COVID-19 Vaccines May Cause HIV Infection

Doesn't pass the smell test.

Then further down the article admits it *might* increase the risk of getting HIV. And conveniently omits the lifestyle activities that someone has to engage in to get it in the first place.

Unless one regularly attends drunken orgies where any random individual off the street may attend, seeks out random -um- quickies with folks they don't know, or otherwise goes looking for lust in all the wrong places, or does heroin or other intravenous drugs and shares needles, or requires a lot of blood transfusions in a country where blood donations aren't adequately screened, there's nothing really to worry about.

Not having any of those boxes to check, I'm far more worried about a coronal mass ejection like 1879 knocking out the modern world's electronic infrastructure than picking up HIV cooties somewhere.

But it's great scare-mongering. It checks plenty of boxes to frighten the masses with a new boogieman, to stampede them in a direction the puppet masters in the drive-by media want them to go. Kind of like the buffalo that were stampeded over a cliff a few centuries ago.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-14

You’re back! Welcome again.  I saw a video of Fauci giving all kinds of misinformation about AIDS back in the 80s. He was a real wacko even then.

Jeri (azpaints) said:

I had no idea the numbers were this high.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/covid-19-has-killed-nearly-5-million-peopleand-the-pandemic-is-far-from-over

Only 5 million reported - nowhere near enough to thin the herd. Although the response to it has likely let a lot of preventable heart attacks and strokes happen from people not getting regular examinations and thus serious health problems creeping up on them, plus the cancers that won't be found due to missed screenings (and exacerbated by so many who lost health coverage due to it being linked to employment) until it's too late. Then there's those who missed live saving surgeries, chemotherapy sessions, and other treatments (and not just the cancer cases but every other chronic ailment under the sun) who either are dying prematurely or have been forced out of the workforce because they no longer can function.

Those "secondary excess deaths" are likely equal to or greater than actual Covid deaths.

Then there's the disabilities, which aren't even being counted - those who have technically recovered from Covid but have permanent organ damage that will limit their activities for the rest of their lives, even if they can't chalk it up as "long Covid".

I'd go so far as make a guess that every true Covid death has a couple more non-Covid deaths that would have been prevented or at least delayed until one was "full of years", and another 8 to 10 severe impacted quality of life instances - which can include those financially bankrupted by medical debt.

Been busy. I really should be yanking panels off of the pump house, shoving insulation in the wall, and putting HardiBoard panels back up. But I was hunting for some other tools, and stuff.

I did get insulation in the parts of the wall that weren't covered with shelving. So the other sections may be more easily insulated by pushing the fiberglass batts in from the inside then putting exterior panels back on.

The goal is to get the water well sufficiently protected from bitter cold that it won't freeze up, with just a simple space heater in there with the thermostat set to about 40 degrees F. Because it doesn't need to be at human comfort, just kept above freezing in there.

There's 50% of the rafter insulation in place now, and about 1/3 of the walls, including all of those right at the well head and tank.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-14

I think your reasoning is valid and agree completely.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-14

Im feeling totally antisocial right now, so agree with the title of this thread.  Vaccinated should be quarantined.  I volunteer to be the first if I can get my own en suite room.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-14

You will be prepared for another storm of the century and have a mild winter.