Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

There Oughta Be A Law   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Sep-26 by WALTER784; 212 views.
WALTER784

Sep-26

There Oughta Be A Law
By Richard Johnson

It seems that we have laws for everything but the stuff that can really get on our nerves. For instance, "there oughta be a law" to protect citizens from the airline passenger who maintains his seat in a fully reclined position while an in-flight meal is being served. So I propose that we start passing some much-needed legislation to crack down on the following offenses:
Resisting A Rest: Repeatedly disrupting an entire row of patrons at a theater or sports event by heading for refreshments, frequent rest-room visits, and leg-stretching.

Euphonious Assault: Playing the car radio at ear-splitting volume so the next driver is blasted into the back seat.

Lane Sharking: Parking over two spaces in a crowded lot so that the adjacent space is rendered useless.

Coffee-right Infringement: Hurry-up restaurant employees who are too quick to bring your bill at the end of a meal.

Violation Of Individual Swivel Rights: Rotating a circular merchandise rack while another shopper is browsing on the other side.

Breaking And Exiting: Slipping away after dropping a bottle of pancake syrup while in an empty grocery-store aisle.

Sorry I Missed Him'meanor: Intentionally returning unwanted phone calls when you know the party who called will be out.

Kidyapping: Failure to get off the subject of your children.

Poly-gamey: Attempting to watch two televised football games and a tennis tournament simultaneously on a Sunday afternoon by means of rapid-fire, remote-control channel surfing.

Labor Fraud: Politicians who roll up their sleeves only when posing for campaign photographs.

FWIW
Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Sep-26

WALTER784 said...

Playing the car radio at ear-splitting volume so the next driver is blasted into the back seat.

Unless they're playing Free Bird.  Then the entire area should be able to hear it. ;D

WALTER784

Sep-26

LOL...

Well... I'll let that one slide too... looks like we were from a similar era! (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

In my experience, it is usually rap music with vibrating bass.

Dee (DLAINEDEE)

Sep-26

Yes, we know! :D  It's an old way of thinking about Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird. :D

WALTER784

Sep-26

Showtalk said...

In my experience, it is usually rap music with vibrating bass.

My Dad calls them boom boxes... because the entire trunk of the car just reverberates the boom, boom, boom of the bass... (* CHUCKLE *)

You can hear them from about 1.5 blocks away in quiet neighborhoods!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Sep-27

Yes you can.