Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should comedians be woke?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Oct-7 by Showtalk; 832 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-7

Should comedians be woke?
  • Yes of course, they should censor their humor and not offend anyone1  vote
    6%
  • No, we should all be able to laugh at ourselves13  votes
    86%
  • Comedians should be banned1  vote
    6%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes of course, they should censor their humor and not offend anyone 
No, we should all be able to laugh at ourselves 
Comedians should be banned 
Other 
Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-7

We need to be able to laugh at ourselves.  About 2 yrs ago my son talked me into watching a cable comedian show.  The comic was Mexican-American, very overweight and did a show for an hour, about his nationality and body size, his in-laws and his marriage.  I never stopped laughing. I'm overweight and found his humor insightful and LOL funny.  He didn't make fun of his in-laws he made fun of himself reacting to them.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-7

Voted #2, the only reasonable option.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-7

I agree.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-7

Unless you are so woke you are offended. Have you seen Kim’s Convenience?  It was funny until it wasn’t, then they cancelled it.  I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t offensive when it was funny and wasn’t funny when it was offensive,

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-7

To be fair, Kim’s Convenience is one of the worst CBC series ever made, it’s pretty much a joke in and of itself up here, and was praised in the Globe and Mail over and over again despite having few redeeming qualities in terms of comedy, I’m surprised it went on as long as it did.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-7

Regarding wokeness of the audience, Maher has stated several times the great comedians who won’t play college campuses anymore and neither will he, and I understand it, it’s very woke, stupidly so.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-7

It’s very popular here among Asian communities who identified with the struggles between generations.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-7

They are liberal, established comedians who the young woke generation should appreciate.