Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Did these people win a Pulitzer Prize...   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Oct-8 by WALTER784; 1230 views.
WALTER784

Poll Question From WALTER784

Oct-8

Did these people win a Pulitzer Prize for their journalism?
  • Yes3  votes
    37%
  • No2  votes
    25%
  • I don't know (see next post)3  votes
    37%
Yes 
No 
I don't know (see next post) 
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Oct-8

Maggie Haberman, Jo Becker, Matt Apuzzo, Rosalind Helderman, Tom Hamburger, Ellen Nakashima, Adam Entous, Greg Miller and Mark Mazetti accept the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting from Columbia University.

Does anybody know why they were selected to receive the Pulitzer prize?

Opinions are more than welcome.

FWIW

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-8

Most of these people have won multiple pulitzers for investigative journalism as that is what most of these people are with the exception of one or two and this Greg Miller guy who appears to be an internet celebrity, Jo Becker is the only one of those named that I've read frequently and she's great.

WALTER784

Oct-8

The_Rock (JABRONI256) said...

Most of these people have won multiple pulitzers for investigative journalism as that is what most of these people are with the exception of one or two and this Greg Miller guy who appears to be an internet celebrity, Jo Becker is the only one of those named that I've read frequently and she's great.

OK then... with exception of one or two of them... the others are all good investigative journalists whom many have won multiple Pulitzer Prizes for.

They do their due diligence... do their research, fact finding, etc. and then come out with their Pulitzer winning stories... is that correct?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-8

I have no idea except from the post it looks like they are all dressed up and getting something.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-8

I don’t read any of them.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-8

Why are we asking?

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-8

I didn't vote cause I'm not familiar with all of them, but Jo Becker has won a couple of times and Maggie Haberman won for her reporting on Trumps allies ties to Russia.   The others ring bells, but will assume from the picture they too won.  ETA A google search would tell you why they won, but I don't see have time right now to stroll down the internet...

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-8

Maybe you should start.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-8

I'm not sure what the criteria is for winning a pulitzer so I can't comment on that.