Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you eat or have you ever eaten grits?   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started Oct-9 by WALTER784; 1074 views.
WALTER784

Poll Question From WALTER784

Oct-9

Do you eat or have you ever eaten grits?
  • All the time2  votes
    18%
  • Some times2  votes
    18%
  • Occasionally0  votes
    0%
  • Only once but not again1  vote
    9%
  • No3  votes
    27%
  • Other (Explain if you like)3  votes
    27%
All the time 
Some times 
Occasionally 
Only once but not again 
No 
Other (Explain if you like) 
Showtalk
Host

Oct-9

C loved grits and once talked me into trying them. They tasted like baby cereal but very salty.  Maybe there are better sources but the ones I bought were inedible.

WALTER784

Oct-10

Showtalk said...

They tasted like baby cereal but very salty.  Maybe there are better sources but the ones I bought were inedible.

Salty... yes... baby cereal... hmmmm.

Born and raised in Central Florida, we had grits on the table 3 or 4 times a week for breakfast with bacon or sausage and eggs.

We would put a slab of margarine in the middle, let it melt and then mixed it in.

I liked grits better than oatmeal.

I once went to a restaurant in Canada and wanted to order some but the waitress didn't even know what they were!

How do you mean inedible? They're usually boiled in water.

FWIW

• Edited October 10, 2021 2:54 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

WALTER784

Oct-11

Yep... Quaker grits were the ones I was brought up eating.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

Aren’t they salty?

WALTER784

Oct-11

Showtalk said...

Aren’t they salty?

Are you seriously asking me this again? I already answered that.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

Ohh that was your answer?  I guess you like a lot of salt but I expected them to taste more like cereal, which is not salted.  The texture and taste don’t match. 

WALTER784

Oct-11

I love salt. I have very low blood pressure and thus salt doesn't affect me at all.

I give blood 3 or 4 times a year and each and every time, they say that my blood pressure is low and thus perhaps I shouldn't give that day... I ask them to check my previous donations and for the past 40 years, I always turn up low.

Blood pressure in the lows of the upper 70's and highs of usually 96 ~ 104. I've gone above 110 a time or two but usually with some kind of explanation but never above 115.

My wife cooks scrambled eggs with salt... I add more salt! I love the taste of salt!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

I didn’t expect it.