Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Low fat vs Low carbs... which is better?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Oct-10 by WALTER784; 1235 views.
WALTER784

Poll Question From WALTER784

Oct-10

Low fat vs Low carbs... which is better?
  • Low fat is better1  vote
    11%
  • Low carbs is better4  votes
    44%
  • Low fat and low carbs are better.1  vote
    11%
  • I don't know (see next post)3  votes
    33%
  • Other (Please explain)0  votes
    0%
Low fat is better 
Low carbs is better 
Low fat and low carbs are better. 
I don't know (see next post) 
Other (Please explain) 
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Oct-10

It's a 1 hr. 42 min. videoclip but if you're interested in your health... please watch.

If you're type II diabetic... this is a must watch.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

Lo carb can be good for people who don’t process carbs well, but most need a balance

WALTER784

Oct-10

Showtalk said...

Lo carb can be good for people who don’t process carbs well, but most need a balance

Actually, if you watched that videoclip... it specifically said:

Our bodies need fats and proteins... but our body doesn't need carbs.

And those carbs are the cause of much of the obesity in our society today... (i.e. most people DO NOT process carbs very well). It's the lack of fats and replacing the fats with carbs that's causing much of our health related issues today!)

I know you like to read and not watch things but this is quite an eye opener!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-10

I skipped through parts of it and I don’t buy it.  Everything in moderation.  I saw something about drinking melted butter.  That is absurd.

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Oct-10

Voted low carbs, it’s been my understanding for a while that low carb means a better metabolic system for better metabolizing fat, assuming you do fat in moderation (a good with anything) you’re likely to see a net benefit.

WALTER784

Oct-11

Do you have any Type II diabetic friends? Ask them how their high carb and low fat diets are doing to help them reduce their blood sugar levels and the amount of insulin they require!

I have two Type I diabetic children... they're now 41 and 39 years old. They both became Type I at age 10. And we monitored their blood sugar levels at least 3 times before meals until they moved out.

Note: Anything below this line and I'm referring to BS as Blood Sugar and NOT Bull s###.

Fatty foods do not spike their BS but carbs do.

My wife tried various balanced food stuff and discovered for herself much of what this video is also saying.

FWIW 

WALTER784

Oct-11

That is correct... low... or actually no carbs is better.

Your body needs fat and proteins but doesn't need carbs. Of course, you can eat carbs, but keep them to a minimum.

Numerous weight reducing studios here in Japan have a no carb diet that they strictly request people to follow. And they have ways of testing whether you ate carbs or not since your last visit and they can reject you from continuing the course and not have to refund you if you are found to have taken carbs. And these courses are like $2,400. Some of them will allow you to continue but you must pay an additional fine for having broken the agreement to be able to continue.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

Diabetes is a disease that can be mitigated with diet. It doesn’t mean that diet is needed by everyone.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-11

How can Japan ban rice? Isn’t that both a carb and a staple? What about noodles?