Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is concerning to me...   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-17 by WALTER784; 187 views.
WALTER784

Oct-17

I previously said this about Israel reporting that more vaccinated people than unvaccinated people were spreading Covid. But it was more or less ignored because of the "SUPPOSEDLY" insignificant numbers.

And then I reported this about similar in the U.K.

Well, now we have a similar report from the U.S. And from San Francisco to boot saying exactly the same thing that Israel did several months ago and the U.K did a week or two ago! So please feel free to ignore these as well if you don't care about your health!

Associations between vaccine breakthrough cases and infection by SARS coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) variants have remained largely unexplored. 

Here we analyzed SARS-CoV-2 whole-genome sequences and viral loads from 1,373 persons with COVID-19 from the San Francisco Bay Area from February 1 to June 30, 2021, of which 125 (9.1%) were vaccine breakthrough infections. 

Fully vaccinated were more likely than unvaccinated persons to be infected by variants carrying mutations associated with decreased antibody neutralization (L452R, L452Q, E484K, and/or F490S) (78% versus 48%, p = 1.96e-08), but not by those associated with increased infectivity (L452R and/or N501Y) (85% versus 77%, p = 0.092). 

Differences in viral loads were non-significant between unvaccinated and fully vaccinated persons overall (p = 0.99) and according to lineage (p = 0.09 – 0.78). 

Viral loads were significantly higher in symptomatic as compared to asymptomatic vaccine breakthrough cases (p < 0.0001), and symptomatic vaccine breakthrough infections had similar viral loads to unvaccinated infections (p = 0.64). 

In 5 cases with available longitudinal samples for serologic analyses, vaccine breakthrough infections were found to be associated with low or undetectable neutralizing antibody levels attributable to immunocompromised state or infection by an antibody-resistant lineage. 

These findings suggest that vaccine breakthrough cases are preferentially caused by circulating antibody-resistant SARS-CoV-2 variants, and that symptomatic breakthrough infections may potentially transmit COVID-19 as efficiently as unvaccinated infections, regardless of the infecting lineage.

Predominance of antibody-resistant SARS-CoV-2 variants in vaccine breakthrough cases from the San Francisco Bay Area, California | medRxiv

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

That is because there are fewer unvaccinated and they have been taking better precautions. Vaccinated people are taking more risks.

Elarepea

Oct-17

From personal experience as someone who has had Covid AND, will never get vaccinated, I am not hiding out I my house. I go where I want, when I want.  I’m also not wearing a face diaper when out & about - I have a thing about rebreathing moist germs & bacteria. do I wash my hands, yes - like I do every flu season.        

Showtalk
Host

Oct-17

You also have immunity from Covid.