Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

88% fully vaxed and new cases still risi   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/20/21 by WALTER784; 18824 views.
WALTER784

11/17/21

Showtalk said...

They did which is why so many vaccinated got sick.  Even Rand Paul said if someone wants to avoid ending up in the hospital, get the vaccine.  That is what it is good for, not stopping the spread.

But even the vaccinated are ending up either in the hospital or dying... which means that Rand Paul was not absolutely correct.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

Not as many.

WALTER784

11/17/21

Showtalk said...

Not as many.

I don't have actual stats, but I've heard that there were more deaths in 2021 than in 2020!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

Under Biden, yes. But there are states today with spikes in hospitalizations among unvaccinated. I think I heard Michigan? It was an M state.

WALTER784

11/17/21

Showtalk said...

Under Biden, yes. But there are states today with spikes in hospitalizations among unvaccinated. I think I heard Michigan? It was an M state.

You're talking about unvaccinated again.

What I previously said was more vaccinated people are hospitalized and have more deaths than the unvaccinated.

Sure there may be a hospital in Michigan which had a lot of unvaccinated who died, but many of those deaths occurred back in the Jan ~ Apr time frame. Since then, more and more people have become vaccinated and thus now... there are more vaccinated people in hospitals and dying than unvaccinated. But there are still over 60 million unvaccinated citizens and an unknown number of unvaccinated illegal aliens.

FWIW

• Edited November 17, 2021 11:46 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

11/18/21

You missed what I was saying. They aren’t having problems with vaccinated right now in that state, a majority ending up in hospitals are not vaxxed.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/18/21

This chart backs you up.  Couldn't find more current information.   https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/95119

Az is reporting more cases per day now than at the peak.  This week we've had 3 days of over 4,000 cases per day.

WALTER784

11/19/21

In one state... there are 50 states.

San Francisco and one other state reported that their vaccination rates were like 68% or 72% and the numbers in hospitals of vaxed were more than unvaxed. That was true in Israel and England too.

So in areas where there are a lot of unvaxed people... (low vaccination rate), sure you'll see more unvaxed basically due to the low vaccination rate. But when you get 65% or more vaxed... that means only 35% are unvaxed, and if you have 80% vaxed, then you only have 20% unvaxed.

Which means, vaxed or not... Covid is spreading... and the more vaxed there are... the more vaxed will be reported. (i.e. the vax doesn't work!)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/19/21

So the numbers Walter posted are either wrong, which I doubt, or they are only showing a limited portion of the cases.  When all people are included together, vaxxed and unvaxxed, the I vaxxed are still putting the biggest weight on the system.

Showtalk
Host

11/19/21

San Francisco is one of the safest cities in the country for Covid.  I know people who live in the city so I get reports when I ask for them.  The media is not reporting the actual situation there. They are in the lowest tier for Covid, they have opened sports stadiums, colleges, and concert venues.  They have very stringent rules which people follow so they don’t have a lot of exposure.