Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

88% fully vaxed and new cases still risi   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/20/21 by WALTER784; 14230 views.
selzer

Dec-31

I am not vaccinated, but I am not an anti-vaxxer in general.  I don't like how they developed this vaccine, it has moral complications for me, and so I won't do it.  

I do not wear a mask.  I have asthma and diabetes and high blood pressure and thyroid disease and mental health issues, where the wearing of a mask, by restricting my airway, even the thought of restricting my airway makes me panic.  When I panic my blood pressure rises.  When my blood pressure rises, I hyperventilate.  When I hyperventilate I get less oxygen and it may or may not trigger an asthma attack.  So wearing a mask is more likely to land my butt in the hospital ER where the Covid Cooties hang out.  

I also have trouble hearing.  I never realized how much I require watching people speak to understanding what they said until most folks started using masks.  Now I am lucky to hear 30% of what is going on, and most of the time I don't bother to continue saying, "Can you repeat that please."  

Struggling with depression and isolation is a lot worse when most of the folks you see are covering their facial expressions.  

So here is the question:  You want for me to wear a mask to protect you and others from the virus.  And if I do not wear a mask, you should be able to demand that I do, because it is for the good of you and me and others.  But if I were to ask you NOT to wear a mask to protect me from the problems with the masks that I have, would you do it?  Should I be able to demand that you NOT wear a mask because it makes me uncomfortable?    Most of us who do not wear masks are not demanding that others not wear them, but on the other side that is exactly what they are doing. 

Sorry if this was not the right thread for this, and it was not aimed at any individual.  

Generally if I see folks not wearing masks but it's outdoors or there is a lot of air volume per person and a pretty high air change rate, I don't worry because I also understand how droplets and particles travel through the air. If I can stay a good 8 to 10 feet away, then since I've been vaccinated, I figure the odds are good of not picking up enough of an initial viral load to get truly infected.

While theoretically a single virus can cause the full blown disease, it is believed it takes quite a few in the orders of a few thousand, to get a real foothold in most people's bodies. However the immune compromised are going to get quite sick from a much lower total exposure, and have a much higher probability of getting so sick it kills them.

But I also figure that being here in a deep red area of a red state, that many of those unmasked also are unvaccinated, so there is a much greater chance that they are totally vulnerable to getting sick from exposure.

Generally if I see people who are wearing masks or if I'm going into a less well ventilated area, with a high enough density of people, i'll pull one out of my pocket and put one on either to make the others less stressed and / or better fit in.

I figure those who legitimately have psychosomatic issues with masks are probably less than 1% of the population, which really isn't enough to move the needle much from a public health standpoint. As for actual air constriction, I've had allergy induced asthma all of my life in various levels of severity. So I'm used to wearing some kind of respiratory filter specifically to keep from inhaling assorted things I get allergic reactions to when that stuff is in season, or if I'm mowing or doing something that will stir up a bunch of airborne stuff.

So for me, actual air restriction is going to be orders of magnitude worse from bronchial spasms than there ever is from flow restrictions on a properly fitted (and clean) mask. It's like putting an air filter on a car engine. the actual barometric pressure drop is only a couple mm Hg even with the engine running at a fairly high throttle setting between the ambient atmosphere and the air intake just inside the air filter, if the system is properly designed

While the pressure drop is measureable, it's generally nowhere near enough to truly restrict one's ability to breathe. if one has that severe of a respiratory problem they probably need some kind of CPAP machine to help push air into their lungs anyway, or some kind of positive pressure SCBA apparatus.

The air delivered by such devices is very well filtered.

Then I have worn a full SCBA outfit on a few occasions where it was necessary to inspect something in the oil field where hydrogen sulfide gas is present or suspected present in dangerous concentrations. Generally today I think the limit is about 15 ppm to go around the stuff without proper personal protective equipment. If the mask is well sealed I'll leave it on demand regulation since the air tank lasts a lot longer. It isn't that hard to inhale although it's noticeable. The total pressure differential is a lot more, maybe 5 millibars or more, compared to the constriction difference through even an N95 mask.

The pressure drop standard for N95 face masks is 350 Pa at 85 liter per min (LPM) which if I did my math right is around 3.5 millibars. This is comparable to the pressure drop across an automotive air filter to a typical engine running at a typical load.

Generally though I try to avoid densely crowded situations with poor ventilation even before Covid.

I've also had to communicate with people in a high noise environment. Usually we'll write something down or even use text messaging, although some who work around loud machinery and have to wear hearing protection all the time have taught themselves sign language.

selzer

Jan-1

Since Covid began, I do not know one person who died of Covid.  Now they are saying the tests don't even differentiate between Covid and Influenza.  I do know someone who jumped off a bridge and killed herself though.  So, until folks will take off their masks for me, they have no business telling me to wear a mask for them.  I am done.  Young healthy people are committing suicide.  Children are committing suicide.  People have lost their businesses due to covid.  People are losing their jobs due to Covid.  Little babies are probably seriously delayed because of the lack of seeing people's faces.  

I am one of those immune compromised people you are talking about, but other than not going to sporting events or concerts, I am not doing anything different because of this bug that the vast majority of people survive.  My aunt is on Cancer drugs form some form of lymphoma, she was vaccinated and got the booster, but still got the 'rona, and did not die.  She got over it.  My cousin got it, they told her it was probably just allergies.  She got worse, and worse, and worse, and finally went to another doctor, and they said it was Covid and gave her medicine and she got better.  Folks at work got it, the one guy I share a microscope and computer with.  He went into the hospital and missed about 4 weeks of work.  I didn't get it.  So it either isn't as contagious as they say, or somehow I have antibodies.  

The last time I had the flu, over ten years ago, I was sick for a solid month.  The thyroid disease and diabetes and asthma do not like to get over such things.  So I just don't think I got it and got over it without knowing it.  But the vast majority of people who are under 80 get it and get over it.  So why are we forcing people to wear masks?  To get a vaccination that is objectionable?  To close their businesses or lose their jobs?  To isolate children?  To isolate old folks from their loved ones?  The consequences of how we dealt with this virus are so much worse than the virus itself.  Let's just all pretend we are adults again, and choose to wear a mask or not wear a mask, choose to get jabbed or not get jabbed, and stop hating folks for not following all the other lemmings off the edge of the cliff. 

Showtalk
Host

Jan-2

I don’t believe in this vaccination for children as it does more harm than good.  Masks don’t bother me but I can’t wear an N95 if I want to breathe.  I’m not sure the other ones do anything, but we are required to wear them here, so we do.  You are fortunate if your state looks you to get by without them.

WALTER784

Jan-3

Tomi Lahren rips Dr. Fauci: I don't remember electing him to run the US

FWIW

WALTER784

Jan-4

Showtalk said...

There is no original strain. It appears to have died out to be replaced by weaker variants.  That is exactly what some predicted.

It seems that Delta was quite rampant until Omicron came out... Delta hasn't died. It just doesn't die when a new strain comes out. Some will claim that it morphed into Omicron, but where's the scientific proof?

It seems that each time a new variant comes out... the previous strain just disappears and is no more to be found. There should be traces of all strains still ongoing today. But we don't hear about them.

What is different between Omicron and Delta? What is different between Delta and the original strain? Scientifically provable evidence please.

I think the original strain was just as dangerous as the Omicron and Delta... which is not very much. 

Anybody have evidence to prove otherwise?

FWIW

WALTER784

Jan-4

Showtalk said...

These are people I know or family members of people I know who never had the vaccine and got it twice.  A friend who works in an ER got Covid about 6 months in. It was a relatively mild case because she was already taking Vitamin D3. She somehow got hydroxy and took that. Her doctor had refused to treat her.  She is not vaxxed but she is also taking some precautions because she knows she can get it a second time.  I have not heard of anyone getting Covid three times.

Since the CDC recently disclosed that their PCR testing cannot tell the difference between Covid and the flu, we have 4 possibilities:

1) Both PCR positive first and second time were actually for the flu and not Covid. They think they have natural immunity, but don't.

2) The first PCR positive was actually the flu while the second PCR was actually Covid. They may have natural immunity since the second case, but how can anybody prove that for sure with faulty PCR tests.

3) The first PCR positive was actually Covid while the second PCR was just the flu. They may have natural immunity since the first case, but accidentally tested positive again the 2nd time but this time it was just for the ordinary flu.

4) Both PCE positive tests were for Covid and not the flu. In this case, they would have gotten it twice, but with all the faulty PCR testing, how can anybody prove it?

FWIW

WALTER784

Jan-4

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

Nope. It's called entropy.

And is this entropy too?

Report Shows Nearly 300 Athletes Worldwide Collapsed or Suffered Cardiac Arrests after Taking COVID Vaccine This Year – Many Died

By Joe Hoft
Published December 6, 2021 at 8:30pm

Report Shows Nearly 300 Athletes Worldwide Collapsed or Suffered Cardiac Arrests after Taking COVID Vaccine This Year - Many Died (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-4

Delta causes more serious symptoms than Omicron. It’s possible those hospitalized have a previous variant but they aren’t DNA testing at most places.  

WALTER784

Jan-4

It's also possible that Fauci is lying yet again too!

I don't believe a damn thing current government says any more.

Who knows any more.

The first appearance of the delta variant was after vaccinations started to be given.

The first appearance of the omicron variant was after the booster was developed.

You would think that our government would want to pull us out of this as quickly as possible and thus they should be performing DNA testing to see whether it's the alpha or the beta or the gamma or the delta or the omicron that is hospitalizing and killing the majority. But they aren't doing that.

They denounce and disallow Hydroxychloroquin and Ivermectin cocktails to be given to those gravely ill and dying in hospitals and using fearmongering tactics.

They seem to be doing everything they shouldn't and almost nothing of what they should be doing!!!

FWIW