Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

88% fully vaxed and new cases still risi   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/20/21 by WALTER784; 18824 views.
Showtalk
Host

1/29/22

That is sad. Was the cancer caused by chemicals on the property?

Showtalk
Host

1/29/22

Does the insurance write off the rest?  They are supposed to if it’s in your policy.  Dentists are starting to require payment up front,mthen the patient gets back whatever the insurance pays.  They aren’t honoring their agreements to take the amount agreed upon with the insurance company.

Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/22

I agree 100% with what You said:   

ROCKETMAN:  I was hoping that Covid would kick a move to some kind of universal health care into overdrive but it looks like that once in a lifetime opportunity fizzled, leaving the US the lone place in the world where an illness leads to financial ruin.

And the supreme irony is, - bad debt writeoffs are a much bigger number than what it would cost to just bite the bullet and have universal health care.

Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/22

IIRC, it was far too rare and no sufficient studies to link the cancer to the spill.  

Showtalk
Host

1/29/22

Thats to9 bad but it seems suspicious.

Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/22

I have a vague idea  how it works since we have Medicare and a Supplemental insurance.  Providers bill medicare who determines the amount that is approved.  So doc bills Medicare $100 and Medicare says $50 is approved in the agreement with doc/hospital/lab.  Then Medicare pays 80% or $40.  Supplemental then pays $10.  Docs/labs/hospitals have agreements to accept whatever value Medicare dictates.  In this example, I would be responsible for the $10 if I didn't have Supplemental.  Some docs don't accept Medicare so it is absolutely necessary to be sure to verify that your provider does accept Medicare.   From my personal experience Dental insurance is a complete joke.  

Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/22

Luckily they didn't need $$$.  And she had a fabulous insurance.  

Showtalk
Host

1/29/22

Dental insurance used to be good, when it was even offered.

Jeri (azpaints)

1/29/22

Ive never seen a dental insurance policy from my DHs company that was worth  the time it took to read it.  

Wow. So it was at an Army facility. I wonder how much of that was under gub'mint contract.