Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

1 year probation for refusing to wear a mask (SNP)   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-21 by Showtalk; 2387 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-21

1 year probation for refusing to wear a mask (SNP)
  • That is a fair punishment0  votes
    0%
  • That is extreme and should be reversed4  votes
    26%
  • She's lucky she didn't get jail time2  votes
    13%
  • Mask policies are out of control8  votes
    53%
  • Other1  vote
    6%
That is a fair punishment 
That is extreme and should be reversed 
She's lucky she didn't get jail time 
Mask policies are out of control 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Oct-21

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-21

My question is would we feel the same if it was our business she protested at, our customers who were intimidated, our income that was affected.  I've never even considered entering a store without shoes.  My vet required we take precautions when we brought our big dogs in, his business, good vet, never thought to not abide by his rules.  When did we become a society that believes each of us is inviolable and can set our own rules! Never mind the consequences to others?

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

Ask her to leave but a year’s probation for protesting a policy that would make her sick?  That is too much.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

According to the article you posted, she picketed the store and was asked to leave.  She and another person then "pushed" their way into the store and were asked to leave an additional five times and refused to do so.  

Again, I ask that you put yourself in the store owners position.  If you owned that store and a customer refused to leave when you asked that's they do so, what would you do?   Replace "mask mandate" with "no dogs allowed" what would you do?  Both are considered health issues.  I thought you believed in business owners having control of their premises.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

I do. Get her out, tell her she can’t come back. Don’t put her on probation. The business owner didn’t do that, an authoritarian judge did.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

Once the PD was called to force her to remove, they file a report with the DA who then decides to charge or not.  IMPO had she not received the punishment she would have returned. In fact, I'd bet this market hasn't seen the last of her or her fellow protesters.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

She didn’t do what they claimed she did. As her attorney said, it’s all political which it seems to be.

Smith’s attorney, Frederick Fascenelli, denied that Smith was disruptive, and accused the store manager of trying to intimidate her by having a large security guard follow her around the market.

“The only people making a scene were the employees,” Fascenelli said.

The defense attorney also questioned why Smith wasn’t charged with violating mask requirements that had been added to the Costa Mesa municipal code.

“This thing is all political,” Fascenelli said. “They are trying to shoehorn in these trespassing charges because they don’t want to touch the third rail of politics that is a mask mandate.”

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

Apparently her case didn't convince the judge.