Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another judicial wanna be flop...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-22 by WALTER784; 1238 views.
WALTER784

Oct-22

I have no law degree... I know very little about legal things... but my answer to the question of "Name a public policy that you think is a good idea but is unconstitutional" would be... [Your Honor... if it's unconstitutional... I would not think it is a good idea!] 

She's been an attorney as appellate advocate for 14 years!!!

But she cannot even answer the friggin question that I so simply answered!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

She didn’t know the Erie Doctrine? Isn’t that basic law school material?  That tell me she would make a federal decision over a state standing.  She couldn’t or wouldn’t answer any of his questions directly.  She also looked extremely nervous.  She should not be seated as a federal judge. What was the outcome?

WALTER784

Oct-22

I have no idea about the Erie Doctrine... as I initially stated... I know nothing about law other than it must be followed or you will pay the consequences!

I don't know the final outcome, but with that kind of a response... I highly doubt she got approved.

And as I said in my reply to one question she was asked... I think I gave a better answer than a 14 year veteran!!!

The Democrats sure know how to pick losers!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

She has impeccable credentials. She will be approved.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-22

FYI the question was about universal injunctions. This mentions it in real English vs legalese.

WALTER784

Oct-22

She was asked three or four questions... the one she answered was about the injunctions, but when asked about what law she favored/liked that was unconstitutional... she didn't reply. That was a no brainer and should have been answered ASAP... there is no beating around the bush with a question like that. If you like one... you spit it up and set yourself up for a knock down... if you don't have one... then you say you don't have one. But she... she said she would leave it up to the judges to decide and didn't give her answer. 

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-22

No judge would admit to "liking" an unconstitutional law.  Most attorneys wouldn't admit that either.

WALTER784

Oct-23

Yep... and thus she should have said I don't have one... but she didn't... she reverted it to other judge's decisions.

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-23

I didn't satch it so no idea of how it went ir answers she gave on other matters.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-23

She couldn’t answer a single question he asked.