Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Glass stovetops and cookware   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Oct-24 by Jeri (azpaints); 554 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-24

Our oven died.  We're looking at an LG glass topped stove.  Does anyone have a glass top stove?  Pros?  Cons?  Was it hard to adjust to not moving your skillets around?  I do that all the time and everything I've read said that is a huge no no?  Any thoughts on cookware?  None of mine will work on a glass top.

I have one, it's great; I went with GE for brand as the LG brands did not have splendid reviews. The cooktop is great but spillage leads to cleaning it a lot and the cleaning solution is a bit pricey, best to avoid spilling any type of sugary solution on the cooktop, very difficult to remove. Otherwise it's a solid appliance.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-24

No but good luck. Find a brand made in the USA as they aren’t stuck on cargo ships and backlogged in stores.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-24

The reviews I saw rated LG as top ten. I'll go back and check in GE reviews.  What kind of special cleaner?  DS had one in his condo and loved it, but this is a whole new world for me!  He does 99% of the cooking so I'm inclined to give weight to his wishes.  DH thinks the attraction is that he can run the stove through Alexa.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-24

Samsung has "Unavailable" on their website.  Learned from DHs business that buying foreign often means down the road repair issues that are unbelievable!  Thanks for the reminder.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-24

Be very careful of Samsung. I’ve read a lot of terrible reviews about other appliances they make. I once bought a Samsung camera that broke the day the warranty expire even though it was nearly unused.  They knew they were breaking and they refused to fix it or replace it.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-24

Not even considering Samsung and GEs are also out of stock.  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-24

Check Bosch. A friend used that brand in her kitchen.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-24

I have a Bosch dishwasher that has been the bane of my life!  That was the first brand crossed off the list! Followed by Maytag.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-24

Why? My friend loves hers.  She redid her whole kitchen in Bosch.