Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it OK if your child got an abortio...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-26 by WALTER784; 1265 views.
WALTER784

Poll Question From WALTER784

Oct-26

Is it OK if your child got an abortion without your knowledge?
  • Yes4  votes
    28%
  • No10  votes
    71%
In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Oct-26

SICKENING: California Governor Newsom Signs Bills That Enable Children to Hide Sex Operations and Abortions From Their Parents

SICKENING: California Governor Newsom Signs Bills That Enable Children to Hide Sex Operations and Abortions From Their Parents

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-26

We knew that was coming.  I assume you meant under age 18?  After 18 it doesn’t matter, a parent has no legal say.

WALTER784

Oct-26

For me... legal age has always been 18.

In 1976... it was legal for an 18 year old to drink, smoke cigarettes, vote and do many other things.

Today those ages have increased but for me... it's still 18!

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-26

Here is the text of the bill as signed.  I can't see where it specifically applies to an under age insured.  Basically what I saw was that if someone wants a particular service, the insurance carrier can't tell anyone else that information.  
Possibly because we've been on Medicare for so long, this just seems normal.  Without my husbands specific authorization Medicare will not release any information to me about his healthcare.   We've been fighting a bill for an MRI and I can't talk to the doctor, The imaging company, Medicare or our supplement insurance at all.   Where in this bill does it specify underage covered insured?  Oops forgot the link.  https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB1184

In reply toRe: msg 5
Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-26

But...I voted yes for extremely personal reasons involving myself, not any family member.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-26

They have stated it will apply to children.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-26

Unless it is stated in the actual law, the infamous "they" could well be wrong.  Who is "they"?  Are "they" a lawyer who has read the actual law?  Are "they" an expert in insurance law?  Are "they" internet people who have given any solid proof that "they" have specific knowledge of this law?  Have "they" provided their law credentials?  Did "they" write the law?

Yes, I'm completely tired of "they".

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-26

This is how the bill applies to minors

Defines “protected individual” as a covered adult or, a minor who can consent to a health care service without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Specifies that “protected individual” does not include an individual that lacks the capacity to give informed consent for health care pursuant to existing law."

The key phrase is "a minor who can consent to a healthcare decision without the consent of a parent or guardian". I'm betting that applies to emancipated minors, not all minors or it wouldn't need qualifications of "who can consent".  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-26

Actually, it was the media who analyzed and spoke about the law, which they were in favor of, BTW.