Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is an interesting story...   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-28 by WALTER784; 294 views.
WALTER784

Oct-28

There is a videoclip in the link below... watch it:

After 73 years, lost ring returned to family

(WKBN) — A ring lost for 73 years was miraculously found in Columbiana County – and the finder just knew it would be special for the owner to have it back.

He persevered to return it when others might have given up.

“Takes you back to childhood, doesn’t it?” said Margery Cooksey.

She glowed about the 1948 Wilson High school ring that belonged to her husband of 65 years. They started dating right around graduation.

“I really never saw the ring before, because when we were married he didn’t have it. He had already lost it,” Cooksey said.

Michael Shealy found the ring in Rogers during a family trip. It was uncovered by his metal detector. The ring was broken but it galvanized his desire to find the owner.

“Finding the backstory to me was really more important,” Shealy said.

Shealy was adopted and had found his birth mother after many years. He had a feeling this ring would be important.

He took the ring home to South Carolina and started investigating.

He had the school and the year. The initials AHC inside the ring sealed the deal: Art Cooksey. He died in 2016, so Shealy called the family.

“I was sure it was a scam. I had never heard of anything like this. I didn’t know he had a high school ring,” Cooksey said.

After 73 years, lost ring returned to family | WDTN.com

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-28

That’s a feel good story. It’s nice to hear people can be so thoughtful and persistent.

WALTER784

Oct-29

Well, it's a school class ring and thus of no sentimental value except to the owner and relatives.

Most people probably would have pawned it off, but he just felt he must return it.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-30

Or thrown it away since it was broken.

Good of the guy to do the research & return it.  It's a shame that the owner didn't know about it but the finder did the right thing in my opinion.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-2

It was a very nice thing to do.

There are loads of good people here.  You just don't hear about them.  I wish we did!

Showtalk
Host

Nov-16

I know. We love hearing those kinds of stories.