Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is the best outcome for the Rittenhouse/Kenosha trial?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-10 by Showtalk; 14305 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-10

What is the best outcome for the Rittenhouse/Kenosha trial?
  • He should be found guilty of murder and go to prison3  votes
    13%
  • He should be found guilty of manslaughter and go to prison2  votes
    9%
  • There should be a mistrial and he should be retried0  votes
    0%
  • There should be a mistrial with prejudice (case dismissed)4  votes
    18%
  • Prosecutors should drop charges because he's not guilty2  votes
    9%
  • Charges should be dropped and he should be paid damages for false arrest8  votes
    36%
  • I don't know1  vote
    4%
  • Other2  votes
    9%
He should be found guilty of murder and go to prison 
He should be found guilty of manslaughter and go to prison 
There should be a mistrial and he should be retried 
There should be a mistrial with prejudice (case dismissed) 
Prosecutors should drop charges because he's not guilty 
Charges should be dropped and he should be paid damages for false arrest 
I don't know 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Nov-10

There are a few things I don’t understand.  There is video of Rittenhouse being chased by a mob, hit in the head with a skateboard and a gun drawn on him.  He finally shot to save his own life. So why was he tried?

Even more basic, why was he at a protest with a gun?

The people he shot at were white so why is this a racial trial?

The prosecutions key witness, the sole survivor shot by Rittenhouse, testified that he pulled a gun on Rittenhouse who only then raised his gun and shot him in the arm.  So why was he even charged at all when it was clearly self defense?

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Nov-10

He shot four people, two fatally, he claims to have been in fear for his life but was not harmed at all, the paramedic who was also armed testified he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter, this is what happens when you have people other than police with firearms, chaos and death. I don't really know what to think but the facts are he shot at four people, two died and one was wounded, and he's...well, not.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-11

Hadn't he already killed the two people just before and that is why he was being chased to begin with?  Weren't they chasing an active shooter - Rittenhouse - at that time?

Showtalk
Host

Nov-11

He did but the circumstances are in question.  

Showtalk
Host

Nov-11

The prosecution asked for a mistrial so their case has fallen apart and is weak at best.  He shot them because they were going after him.  

WALTER784

Nov-11

It's purely political. That's what's wrong. It should be judged a mistrial with prejudice!

As for why he had a gun... the gasoline store he worked at was a target by the thugs and other places in the area had already been burned. He had his gun with him to protect the gasoline stand. And initially, he did put out a fire in a large burning dumpster they were pushing towards the gasoline station.

That's when things turned sour.

FWIW

• Edited November 11, 2021 3:27 am  by  WALTER784
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

Nov-11

Showtalk said:

The prosecution asked for a mistrial so their case has fallen apart and is weak at best

What? Everything I've read has HIS lawyers asking for a mistrial. Come on.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Host

Nov-11

You don’t listen to legal analysts.  The prosecution has already blown the case. I did not explain it right.  The prosecution is pushing for a mistrial by going out of bounds intentionally in their questioning. You should listen to the judge all but shouting at an experienced prosecutor for mismanaging the questioning.  That would force the judge to declare a mistrial at which point, they could regroup and try a different type off case.

He killed two people. One chased him and hit him in the head with a skateboard. He shot him.  Another apparently tried to grab his gun and was most likely shot accidentally or to keep Rittenhouse from going down. They don’t have clear footage of that. So I don’t know how the media got the idea they were chasing him because he’s hit them. He shot in self defense fearing for his life.  Had he not stopped them they probably would have killed him.  That is the analysis of many different legal experts.

I don’t have any strong feelings about the outcome yet.  I don’t know enough about it yet.  I know if I was his mother there is no way a child of mine would have been out in a riot waving a gun. Had he just stayed home, he would not be in jail. Bit trying to protect his employer’s business was a brave, if not foolish, thing to do.

• Edited November 11, 2021 10:25 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

Nov-11

Read this about the prosecutor’s questions. An experienced prosecutor doesn’t do this.  It wasn’t a mistake, it was intentional.