Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

alankell

Jul-2

Well...

Unlike you, I'm not good at debate, and I don't enjoy it.  I'm more of a "let's all just be friends" kind of guy, and I don't study political issues.  But Trump deeply offends my senses of right and wrong.  I reject Trump...can't find anything about him that is worth my vote.  My sole interest in Trump revolves around how to neutralize him...how to rid ourselves of him.  People who enable Trump are as guilty as Trump is.  In my opinion, America is sliding off into a very dark place.  If it follows Trump, it's probably called fascism.

Americans are rightfully concerned that the struggle for America's soul is between a communist extreme on the one hand, and a fascist extreme on the other.  They are probably right.  Certainly the news - even the legitimate news - is full of the jabber from the two extremes.  Centrists are mostly frozen out.  I think even when centrists are vocal it's difficult to identify them...every word they utter is heard through the perceived filter of the extremes.  I think centrist politicians are there...I think they exist in great numbers.  But...they are quiet, or they are drowned out by the strident extremes.  All politics in this country are focused on the extremes, and that makes Americans enemies of each other.  All of the spirit of cooperation is being destroyed.  Everyone is suspicious of everyone else.

Everything I write is opinion, and as such carries little weight.  I'm not the one who will research this stuff, and usually I have no worthy opinions on pure politics.  However, I do think I know Trump.  I don't care anything about Trump's politics...I am positive that Trump is essentially dirty.  I do not believe for an instant that Trump's impeachments were pure political hatchet jobs.  I believe Trump was impeached - twice - because he tried to use his office improperly and illegally.  I believe the correct and just course of action was to impeach him.  I am appalled that politicians entrusted with policing the president elected to vote along party lines instead of weighing right and wrong.  The senators who failed to vote for conviction abdicated their responsibilities.  They fumbled the ball.  I believe the Senate should have reasonably voted to remove Trump by a vote of 100-0.  That the Senate didn't remove Trump was a staggering victory for extremism.

Trump is essentially a pr*ck.  He is unstable.  He is vindictive.  He spends time plotting revenge for petty slights instead of learning how his office works.  A petty man is a small man.  A man is as large as his spirit, and Trump has none.  Trump has no honor.  Trump was never in the White House to serve.  Serving, as a term, is not in Trump's vocabulary.  He wants the presidency so he can rule.  Trump doesn't listen well.  He hears only those who echo his own opinions...the rest are ignored, discounted and fired.  Trump doesn't make decisions based on issues...Trump makes decisions based on optics.  For him, if a thing looks good on camera, then it's good.  Trump is extremely shallow...superficial.  Narcissistic.  

Trump bends with force any condition to his own advantage.  I believe he used his army of dissatisfied Americans to rig the election.  And failed, because they were mostly inept.  Trump is not interested in being honest in any dealings nor on any issue.  His entire focus is on the Trump brand; if he can't enrich himself by being in the presidency, he wouldn't care about it.  He is busy establishing himself as the ultimate winner...losing doesn't advance the brand.

I have absolutely no respect for Donald Trump.  I think anyone should be able to see right through him...see that at his core, he is completely hollow.  Christians love him, but he is not a Christian.  Republicans love him, but he is not a Republican.  Racists love him, and he is certainly a racist.  He has no redeeming human qualities, because he is simply inhuman.  Cruel, contemptuous, conniving.  I can't abide a person with Trump's vitriolic cocktail of personal faults to be so close to the nuclear trigger.

Trump is buffoonish.  Cartoonish.  There is nothing funny about Trump, though.  His buffoonery makes him a laughingstock on a global scale.  As the president goes, so goes the country...far from making America great again, we are now an international laughingstock.

Trump is a liar on a scale all his own.  That makes him a darling of right wing media, whose real news is already staked out by reputable news organizations.  The right wing people need lies, lots of lies, to justify their existence.  Trump easily supplies their requirements for fresh lies, repeated lies, and lies on subjects no one else has thought of.  Left wing news outfits thrive on lies, too, but all they can do is bleat about Trump's lies.

Can Trump be convicted of a felony?  Any felony?  I certainly hope so.  I don't want his conviction to be a win for extreme left, though.  I don't like the left any more than I like the right.  I want it to be a win for the America I believe in, and I want all Americans to benefit from the defeat of the extremes.  The extremes represent the abyss.  I don't see much hope for an America that apes either Communist Russia or Nazi Germany. 

The abyss is here, yawning wide...irrevocable.  Are we doomed for the abyss?  Or can we find a way to reject extremism?  Can we find a way to reject the snake oil salesmen and take the correct path?  The generations coming behind us will depend on our response, and will question the decisions we make. 

• Edited July 2, 2022 12:14 pm  by  alankell
Showtalk
Host

Jul-2

You certainly have strong opinions. I’m glad you posted. It tells me a lot about you in ways you might not realize.  I like getting to know people even when I don’t agree with everything they believe, and also when I do.

alankell

Jul-2

Thanks.  I probably should have written a longer criticism.  Trump deserves pages, if not chapters, of pure negative opinion.  I'm...not that good a writer, and even when writing longer pieces, I tend towards brevity.  I've probably short-cut Trump.  He's worse than I can write.

However.  I do read a lot, and this year for the first time in my life, I've made a point of investigating books written about political figures.  The books I've read reinforce my already-negative opinions about Trump, and I had hoped they would.  None of the books are directly about Trump, but he looms as a larger-than-life antagonist, touching everything and improving nothing.  He makes a great bad guy.  Maximum sleaze.

Showtalk
Host

Jul-2

Well, you’ve made your point about him.  I know about half the people reading this agree with you and half don’t.

alankell

Jul-2

Maybe.  I don't think half of the participants in this thread are Trumpers, and the only full-fledged no-doubt Trumpers seem to be you and Walter.  It doesn't matter much to me, though.  For anyone who is convinced and past convinced they are right, being outnumbered is no longer a concern.  

~g~

You can tell your Trump buddies - all 70 million of 'em - I'm here.  I'm waiting for them.  One at a time or all at once...there isn't a thing they can say that can move me.  And maybe - you never know, but just maybe - a few other anti-Trumpers will show up.  Could be a real party.

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-3

Dirty political politics continue... arrested for not wearing masks where masks are not required!!! Go figure?!?!?!

BREAKING: GOP Election Worker ARRESTED For Not Wearing Face Mask During Training Session At Former TCF Center Where Face Masks Are NOT Mandatory!

By Patty McMurray
Published June 16, 2022 at 6:33pm

DIRTY DETROIT ELECTION OFFICIALS ARE AT IT AGAIN…

100 Percent Fed Up Exclusive – The 2020 election put the former TCF Center on the map after dirty Detroit election officials were exposed for thug tactics that were used against GOP poll watchers to threaten and intimidate them.

The TCF Center has now been renamed Huntington Place.

In 2020, on the day after the election, GOP poll challengers were bullied, shouted down, and followed around the room by outside agitators. They were arrested and removed from the TCF Center by Detroit Police officers many times for not adhering to made-up rules by supervisors. There were no actions taken against Democrat poll challengers or outside agitators who appeared to be brought in to help Detroit election workers threaten GOP poll challengers and take them off their game.

Many of the GOP poll challengers left the TCF Center the day after the election on their own accord over safety concerns, while the majority of GOP poll challengers who left for lunch were locked out of the counting area. Inside the counting room, Democrats had a section with tables and chairs where their poll challengers and outside agitators could get water and food. The GOP poll challengers had to go upstairs to a room designated for the workers on the 2nd floor. When they arrived back at the counting room from lunch, they discovered the door to the counting room had been chained shut. Cardboard pizza boxes from the tables where Democrat poll challengers and outside agitators had just finished their lunch were used to cover the windows into the counting area so they couldn’t see into the room.

Of the small group of GOP poll challengers who remained in the counting room, several were eventually thrown out or arrested as paid election workers stood up and cheered. Many of the GOP poll challengers left on their own accord after an exhausting day of being forced to stand on a cold cement floor with no chairs available to them and afraid to leave the room over the fear of being refused entry back inside.

In 2020, hundreds of GOP volunteers applied to become election workers at the TCF Center in 2020, but most were rejected, as the applicants were forced to identify their party affiliation on the questionnaire.

In 2022, Republicans demanded they receive equal representation at the counting tables. More Republicans were allowed to train to become election workers this time, but as a condition, election workers were asked to adhere to arbitrary non-scientific guidelines around mask-wearing and COVID testing.

I spoke with a Republican who prefers to remain anonymous over safety concerns, who attended the training yesterday at Huntington Place. Although he was the first person in the room, he was given a spot at the counting table where he would play a minimal role, while a woman who was several spots behind him in line was placed at the critical location at the table where the authenticity of the ballots was confirmed. According to our source, 10 GOP election workers walked out of the training session two days ago after election supervisors bullied them for not wearing face masks.

In 2020, election supervisors threatened workers and had them removed for violating a 6-foot social distancing rule which prevented workers from getting close enough to see the ballots. Will the mask-wearing threat be the dirty Dems by their new tactic to remove GOP election workers in 2022?

In addition to forcing workers to wear useless face masks that even airlines no longer require, the City of Detroit Dept. of Elections is forcing trained election workers to provide a negative COVID test result from a reliable source. It will refuse COVID test results from home test kits. Because apparently, a negative result from a reliable testing center on June 29, as a condition to work on August 2nd (34 days later), will suffice.

BREAKING: GOP Election Worker ARRESTED For Not Wearing Face Mask During Training Session At Former TCF Center Where Face Masks Are NOT Mandatory! (thegatewaypundit.com)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-3

They will do anything to cheat, then demand we accept the results. If they aren’t doing anything wrong, why harass people who are supposed to be there? They are trying to frighten people away from even being trained.

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-3

I just wish we could pin the "election fraud bullying" tag to what they're doing with penalties/consequences!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jul-3

They are bullying people out of making changes.

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-4

How many US states are limiting drop boxes for Midterms, and when will ballots be protected like money with watermarks and serial numbers?

While these things are of exceedingly importance, we must not forget about those voting machines. They do what they are programmed to do, and they do so in the dark, where observers cannot see.

What is your State/County doing to ensure our Midterms are secure?

FWIW