Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thanksgiving dinner plans   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started Nov-11 by EdGlaze; 1145 views.
EdGlaze

Poll Question From EdGlaze

Nov-11

Thanksgiving dinner plans
  • Cook traditional meal for close family4  votes
    25%
  • Cook traditional meal for extended family0  votes
    0%
  • Eat traditional meal cooked at family member's home4  votes
    25%
  • Eat traditional meal cooked at friend's home4  votes
    25%
  • Community pot luck dinner0  votes
    0%
  • Eat out - no cooking, no cleanup1  vote
    6%
  • Have meal delivered1  vote
    6%
  • I have to work so it will be leftovers0  votes
    0%
  • Just another day with no special menu0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    12%

This poll is closed.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-11

This year, it’s a small dinner.  No friends, no extended family.  The friends we might see are having some health problems and  are skipping a big holiday this year.  Last year, we did the same due to Covid.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-13

Having son cook traditional meal BUT!  2 trips to the stores to return turkeyless.

EdGlaze

Nov-13

I've been informed that we will be going to her friend's house for Thanksgiving instead of cooking our own traditional meal.

I will probably buy a turkey to cook anyway  so I will have plenty of leftovers.

• Edited November 13, 2021 8:09 pm  by  EdGlaze
Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-13

FOFL.  I love leftover turkey and usually cook a breast on Wednesday.  When my kids lived at home, I cooked two turkeys...a 15# and an18+# to be sure leftovers lasted longer than one day.  

WALTER784

Nov-14

I voted eat out.

Ever since our kids grew up and moved out of the house, my wife and I have gone out for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.

We've always gone out for lunch or dinner for our birthdays and wedding anniversary.

No cooking... no clean up and we both enjoy a nice Italian or French style food.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-14

Why did you return turkeyless? I have heard costs are skyrocketing for a thanksgiving meal, but I’ve already bought the meat and it was the same as usual. I’m not sure why they sell it so early but the expiration date is way past Thanskgiving.

• Edited November 14, 2021 4:10 pm  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

Nov-14

That’s funny! If I lived in Japan, I would eat Japanese food most of the time.  

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-14

We are Butterball adoration people.  Store had no Butterballs at all.  Said they were due Wednesday.  

Showtalk
Host

Nov-14

So funny. I thought you meant you returned two fake turkeys. They call soy turkey “turkeyless” turkey.