Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TSA Confiscated Items…including   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Nov-20 by Jeri (azpaints); 280 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-20

Here are some of the items TSA has confiscated at airports in the US.  Thought if this while watching the news n Atlanta situation. https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/news/2021/03/03/tsa-confiscated-items-airport-items-include-baby-shark-possible-ied/6839171002/

Showtalk
Host

Nov-20

Fascinating! No wonder they are so crabby all the time. Their jobs are dangerous.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-20

I can't imagine a job where most of your customers contact is negative...

Showtalk
Host

Nov-21

It would be very difficult.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-21

Then this happens.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-21

Yes, but you just know if there is a way to weaponize baby food, someone will!  

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-21

Not my type of job at all!

WALTER784

Nov-22

It was back in 2003, but I had a money clip that had a 2.5" little knife that could be pulled out from one side and a 2.5" finger nail file that could be pulled out from the other side.

They said I couldn't take it through. So I broke off both the knife and fingernail file and left it on the metal table... showed him the money clip and said... no more threat right? So he picked up the broken off metallic pieces I left on the table and waved me through.

I think I could probably do more damage with a ball point pen than with that little knife. (* CHUCKLE *)

FWIW

WALTER784

Nov-22

What I cannot understand about that is two fold:

1) Police identified the suspect as 42-year-old Kenny Wells and said they've issued a warrant for his arrest on charges of carrying a concealed weapon at a commercial airport, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, discharging a firearm, and reckless conduct.

So he's a convicted felon and thus shouldn't have a gun which means the gun was probably illegal. But why would he even attempt to bring a loaded weapon into an airport through a security check point? That's dumber than just stupid.

2) The TSA agent who spotted the gun in the X-ray machine should have been on extra high alert and not even let the guy get any where near the bag. The TSA agent knew there was a gun in there. And thus if that guy even started to come close to the bag, he should have pulled the bag away and called other agents to suppress the man. But some how... that didn't happen and the guy was able to get his hand in the bag.

Normally, guns are carried with the safety on. This sounds like the safety was off and when he grabbed it... it fired. That too is dumber than stupid.

Luckily... nobody died this time.

FWIW