Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Brady bunch using zoom in the 1970's   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Nov-23 by WALTER784; 607 views.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-23

Zoom copied them.

WALTER784

Nov-24

Sure looks like it. But that was a TV studio's multiple cameras displayed on one screen.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-28

Old idea used in a new way.

WALTER784

Nov-28

Yep... but just think... back in the 1970's we didn't even have PC's yet.

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-28

I worked for TI in the seventies and they were livid when HP released its frst PC in 1971/72 but it was not released to the public for sale til the mid 70s IIRC.  A division of TI (TIS) and Hewlett Packard raced to compete while other divisions of those companies actually produced the chips in competiotion with each other along with a third company in Loveland, Co but I can't remember the same...started with an S.  Standard Tech I think?  They went BAnkrupt.

WALTER784

Nov-29

I used a TI scientific calculator back in 1975~1976 for my Analytical Calculus course. I forget the model but it had a black case and these magnetic strips that you could record calculation sequences on to perform the same complex equations over and over again without having to push all the buttons again. I think I still have it stored in my attic somewhere but don't plan on climbing up and looking for it. (* CHUCKLE *)

But it was just a fancy scientific calculator... not a PC.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

I had a TI too. I think it was after you worked there, maybe 80#?

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-29

SR 51?  I remember going to Dallas for the annual year end closing and getting a tour by a VP friend of the part of the facility devoted to the oil industry.  They even arranged a visit to Dealy Plaza.  Security at the facility was tight as a drum, I had to have a security agent accompany me to the ladies room.  LOL, they paid for my honeymoon...in Midland,TX and El Paso.  Some fun memories.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-29

Yes, I worked there until my daughter was born, quit in 77.  The company was a really good employer.  I worked for GSI division which ran oil exploration field crews.  When a company has crews in the oil fields, you can tell the company ethics because of all the injuries and deaths that occurred and how they handled the crews.