Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Leftist Attorney INSULTS Ben Shapiro, In   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Nov-28 by WALTER784; 339 views.
WALTER784

Nov-28

Leftist Attorney INSULTS Ben Shapiro, Instantly Regrets It

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

What did she regret? I didn’t see that.  He’s very articulate and may agree with her on some issues.  It’s interesting he has been attacked by the far right for being Jewish.  

Attacking Shapiro for being Jewish is antisemitic and wrong, attacking him for unfair debating tactics is perfectly acceptable, the guy is the absolute worst, relies on screaming, talking fast, strawman arguments and forcing debaters to dissect so much that the original point is obscured.

Literally the gish gallup tactic, something Walter is all too familiar with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/qqeyau/to_the_woman_i_passed_last_night_on_commercial/

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

Debate tactics are open to debate. Whatever works.  I think it’s silly. He should be evaluated for his comments, not how he speaks.  He has a high voice and maybe has trouble speaking over people. Who knows? But attacking people with opposing views for anything but those views is not productive.  Calling them names doesn’t resolve anything or even create a decent discussion here.

Debate tactics are open to debate. Whatever works

Not if there is decorum involved, or a moderator, all of which he ignores.

He should be evaluated for his comments

If that’s the only criteria then he amounts to nothing less than complete trash.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

His comments are what is important.  If he follows the rules,mI don’t see a problem.

His appearance on Maher a while ago was enlightening, and not in a good way about him.

https://youtu.be/dwgsbZ1MsAE

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

I will watch it tomorrow. I need to get dinner.

WALTER784

Nov-29

Well, she called him out about his various speeches on campuses around the country and purposefully mentioned a Jewish woman who agreed with her stance (knowing that he's also Jewish) that CRT should be taught in schools which he disagreed with.

But then Shapiro shot back about intersectionality, and how CRT taught that white people should not be able to stand up and talk about issues which they've never experienced themselves. He finally closed his conversation that CRT is identity and character assassination of white people specifically due to the color of their skin which is racist in and of itself.

Basically put, he totally and royally shot down her argument and proved why CRT should NOT be taught in schools.

She no longer had any ground to stand on to defend her position after he finished his discussion.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

She didn’t say anything more either.