Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should women be drafted?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Nov-29 by Showtalk; 160 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-29

Should women be drafted?
  • Yes, young adults and children0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, women of all ages1  vote
    8%
  • No, only men should be included3  votes
    25%
  • It doesn't matter if they register, we never use it0  votes
    0%
  • No, the draft should be abolished3  votes
    25%
  • Other5  votes
    41%
Yes, young adults and children 
Yes, women of all ages 
No, only men should be included 
It doesn't matter if they register, we never use it 
No, the draft should be abolished 
Other 
WALTER784

Nov-29

I voted other... women 18 years of age or older should be included in the draft.

Conscription as it's officially called was last used during the Vietnam war and was ended in 1973.

We need a military force to protect our country. If we cannot find enough volunteers to fill the required billets, our military will need to add more personnel or else lose the ability to defend our country against attacks.

Like it or not... I don't see why only men should be drafted as that would be sexist. In the past, women were only allowed in non-combat positions, but that has changed now and they are serving side by side with men in hostile areas around the world. As such, should we need additional personnel to fulfill necessary roles, if a major volunteer recruitment push does not garner enough individuals, then during war time, a draft might be re-instated again.

FWIW

me (DENNIS4927)

Nov-30

From 18 to 25 should register for the draft. They have proven to be reliable in combat. When I was in the Army I knew some women serving but they were mostly in administration jobs but there was one unit 1/24 Signal that had a lot of women.
WALTER784

Nov-30

And there are a lot of clerical, administration, yeomen, logistics supply, refueling, harbor tug boat, drone surveillance, satellite reconnaissance, and numerous other... non-combatant positions that need to be filled by somebody... male or female too!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

I didn’t vote but I don’t think so. That is my personal bias showing. I know very few young women who want to join but more men who do.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-30

How is this different from a vaccine mandate, which also takes away choice.

WALTER784

Nov-30

A mandate is just that... it's not law. In the British Royal Courts... a mandate must be followed.

In the U.S. powers not bestowed to the Federal Government are left up to the States to decide what to do about it.

Our Constitution does not limit the people... it limits what the Government can do to the people! And anything not specifically provided for in our Constitution is then left up to the States.

So a vaccine mandate is not allowed per the Constitution and thus is left up to the States to decide.

DeSantis explains that quite clearly here:

Conscription (the Draft) is clearly anticipated by the Constitution. The Constitution did impose one small but key restriction on a conscripted army - any allocation of funds to support the army can only have a life of two years. Any allocation thereafter must be reauthorized by Congress.

FWIW