Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can cruise ship drownings be prevented?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 12/12/21 by Showtalk; 2351 views.

Living so far from the water, the idea of a cruise never really got on my radar screen as a practical thing to do. After all, there's so much to do and see just on a road trip through Texas and New Mexico.

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-29

$1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S) said...

Living so far from the water, the idea of a cruise never really got on my radar screen as a practical thing to do.

Being born and raised in Central Florida (only 30 minutes to the Atlantic Ocean) and now living on the East Coast of Japan (only 15 minutes from the Pacific Ocean), I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like so far from the ocean.

FWIW

WALTER784 said:

I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like so far from the ocean.

Hurricanes are things that happen to other people. Sea level rise is an abstract thing that only affects me with refugees coming up from the coasts. Tsunamis won't happen here unless there's a Chixulub scale impact in the Gulf of Mexico that is in deep enough water to splash most of it out.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-31

We may not have 4-5 years without Covid.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-31

You can sell it on eBay.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-31

You have to love boats to want to spend a week on one with a bunch of strangers.  I lost interest when I found out that the biggest attraction is the endless buffet.  I don’t need to spend a week doing nothing but sitting around and eating. It sounds kind of boring.

microwave data link equipment that is obsolete is a small gold mine where someone is trying to keep a site operational and upgrading is really not available in the bottom line.

WALTER784
Staff

Feb-1

All we can do is hope and wait.

FWIW

heim618

Feb-4

No, because you can't fix stupid.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-6

What about accidents? Can’t they be prevented?