Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do you think about the Biden’s new puppy and rehoming Major?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 12/21/21 by Showtalk; 6543 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-26

Foxies coat is more like a cattle dogs...rougher, coarser, shorter, short feathers.  Her tummy fur is about half inch long and coarse.  Casses tummy coat and leg feathers can be as long as 3+" and reminds me of a collie coat.  Or irish setters, maybe.  If we pet her a lot behind her ears, the hair will knot up like crazy.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-26

She’s a long hair.

DW (GSDogwalker)

Jan-27

She’s so pretty.  I hate to tell you but she looks full sized.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-27

Per breed standards she is full sized, but per her papers she is a miniature.  The difference less than 2 inches can make!   Breed standard says females up to 17 inches...Cassie comes in just a tad over 18 inches.  Foxie, our other American Shepherd, is at the opposite end of the size spectrum, about 15", is related to Cassie via grandsire, and looks like a fox terrier, not an Aussie. LOL.  Thank you...in person its obvious she's been shown,  she stacks and does the show trot like a pro.

DW (GSDogwalker) said...

She’s so pretty.  I hate to tell you but she looks full sized.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

We never saw them together. They have very similar coloring. Adorable!

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-28

In real life their coloring is nothing alike.  Cassie is a tri, Foxie is a black n white, this shows the size difference better. 

Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

I can see ear and cost differences too.  I like Foxie’s mottling. They are both very nice looking dogs.  You don’t have female to female aggression in your breed?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-28

Their ears and head shapes are really different hence Foxies name.  Her nose is narrower.   

We've been lucky, we've had unneutered males together that only got aggressive when the older one became really weak after 12 yrs of being alpha.  We kept a mama, daughter and son combo for years and mama kept control over the pups til she passed away.  Then the son thought he'd be top dog, but the daughter said "nope..this is a matriarchal family, jerk."  That got rough but then settled down after she pinned him to the ground.  We saw it through the patio door with no way to get to them, but Jazz made it clear she was boss in a couple of head shakes and Bailey decided to be smart.  Cassie isn't aggressive at all, even the cat can walk on her - literally.  Foxie is so shy and so scared when we got her I think she still expects to be tossed to the curb.  I don't know what the breed standard would be but we don't have aggressive here at all.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

That is a descriptive expression!

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-28

She always has a slightly fearful expression.