Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alone in car masked looks stupid...   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Jan-1 by WALTER784; 7201 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-1

I don’t understand this at all. Are they afraid they will forget it when they get out of the car?  Inside germs?

WALTER784

Jan-1

Wear a mask... that's what they've been programmed/indoctrinated to do.

So they wear a mask... even if outside in a park with nobody within 100' of you... even if you're in a car, by yourself with nobody else near you, even if you don't need to wear one... they've been programmed/indoctrinated to do so and thus the brain dead do so!!!

FWIW

Marci (marcinmin)

Jan-2

I wear mine inside the car sometimes if I am making a quick trip or if I am doing grocery pickup or drive thru pickup. If people insist on mocking mask wearers, that's on them. They are the stupid people. They don't know what the person's personal situation is

Showtalk
Host

Jan-2

You must like wearing it.  I take mine off as soon as I get to the parking lot so I can use it longer and because it’s too hot on my face.  It doesn’t make sense to my why someone would like the mask enough to keep it in when they are alone.

Marci (marcinmin)

Jan-2

It isn’t about liking the masks. I wear it to stay safe and putting it on in the car before I go inside a store or the gym, etc. makes perfect sense to me

It’s interesting how different regions respond, as you know I’ve been on the west coast for eleven days, mask use is ubiquitous here. Even on the street, compliance is quite high, where I live is representative of your comment, begrudgingly wearing one and ripping it off instantly afterwards 

Showtalk
Host

Jan-3

It must be common where you are. Here you see a lot of people fumbling with masks outside the door of a store or building.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-3

They are annoying,mI comfortable and you can’t see faces.  I can’t stand mask muffle where I can’t understand what someone is saying.  But at the same time, I’m so used to it inside a store it’s not a big deal.

Marci (marcinmin)

Jan-3

I don't see that here. People usually put their masks on in the car or when they get out of the car. They usually don't wait until they get to the door. They do take them off when leaving or as soon as they get to the car.

OTOH, when I visited Indiana for the holiday, very few wear masks at all unless it is at a hospital or medical clinic

on edit: add the airports, but that is because it is required