Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is the difference?   The Curious You: Beliefs and Ideas

Started Jan-4 by WALTER784; 829 views.
WALTER784

Jan-4

What is the difference between Global Warming and Climate Change?

Explanation appreciated.

FWIW

Elarepea

Jan-4

“They” can con more people with “climate change” because the climate has always, you know, changed.  

selzer

Jan-6

Global warming is something that many of us in snowbound areas WANT.  See if they sold this as Climate Cooling, I would be smacking people's hands on their way to the trash can, saying, "recycle!"  But offer me global warming, and I am out there chugging along in my SUV and spraying aerasol cans into the sky praying it hurries up.  I heat with propane and that is no joke.  

I think people got tired of waiting for Global Warming, some liberal even told me that it was colder now in the winter because of global warming.  Yeah, OK.  So they are calling it Climate Change now, to keep people like me, rabid for the warming to happen, at bay.  

In reply toRe: msg 5
WALTER784

Jan-6

selzer said...

if they sold this as Climate Cooling, I would be smacking people's hands on their way to the trash can, saying, "recycle!"

LOL...

Well, basically, I haven't yet chimed in on what I think is different, but I personally believe that both global warming and climate change are one and the same. They've just politically corrected the name because global warming just wasn't selling with all this cold we've been experiencing over the past few years. It's just the same old B.S. repackaged under a new name.

Scientists, just like politicians, can be bought off.

If you don't want to believe me, buy a ticket to Mykonos Greece and see for yourself. They are literally built right on the ocean's edge. So if there were a 5 or 10 inch increase in ocean waters, they would be one of the first to know about it. But that city has been just like that for at least or perhaps more than 40 years.

If you don't have the money to go, or don't care to travel to Greece, take a look at these pictures:

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 6
WALTER784

Jan-6

I think this mime spells it out quite clearly:

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 7
WALTER784

Jan-6

As for the 1, 2, 3 or more lies...

Let's start with:

This was from 2007, 5 years from then would have been 2012. We are now in 2022 but the Arctic hasn't melted yet.

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 8
WALTER784

Jan-6

Let's move on to this:

In 1977 they claimed global cooling, then in 2008 they claimed global warming, and now in 2022, we seem to be back at the 1977 global cooling level again... if the same party can be believed yet again?

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 9
WALTER784

Jan-6

Let's move on to this:

Unless we reverse global warming trends by 2000, entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth. Hello... we're in 2020, how many nations have been wiped off the face of this earth?

FWIW