Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is WaPo dumping on Biden?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jan-15 by WALTER784; 94 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Jan-15

Fact Checker Analysis

Biden claims yet another arrest for which there’s little evidence

January 13, 2022 at 3:00 a.m. EST

“I did not walk in the shoes of generations of students who walked these grounds. But I walked other grounds. Because I’m so damn old, I was there as well. You think I’m kidding, man. It seems like yesterday the first time I got arrested.”

— President Biden, in remarks in Atlanta on voting rights, Jan. 11

It was just a throwaway line, made to laughter, in an important presidential speech. But here’s the president, saying he once had been arrested, during a section that recalled some of the heroes of the civil rights movement. He even suggested he had been arrested more than once, as he recalled it was the “first time” he had been arrested.

It’s certainly not the first time he’s said he’s been arrested. Previously, he has said he was arrested trying to see Nelson Mandela in South Africa (Four Pinocchios false) and for trying to enter an all-female dorm room at Ohio University (Partly False, according to USA Today). He has also suggested he was arrested for wandering onto the Senate floor as a “star-struck kid,” but most times he has indicated he was just given a warning.

Biden claims yet another arrest for which there’s little evidence - The Washington Post

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-15

That was painful to read.  Did he write his own speeches back then?  He needed a fact checker.  He also forgot the speech he made against integrated schools when he said on camera he didn’t want his children going to school with black children.   

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-15

Showtalk said...

Did he write his own speeches back then?

LOL... he plagiarized quite a bit over numerous years... what he didn't plagiarize was probably written by somebody else... LOL

But the surprise to me was that WaPo ran with the story! Haven they thrown in the towel on him?

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-15

There are journalists looking for the truth.  They want someone else to run in 2024.