Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Warning-beware of dog owner   The Jovial You: Humor, Jokes and Riddles

Started Jan-21 by WALTER784; 674 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-21

Was that put up by their dog?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-21

Ha!  My neighbor who had rotties had a sign that said "Dogs are friendly, Owner isn't".  He has a new puppy now and the sign is back up after 3 yrs or so being dog less.

WALTER784
Staff

Jan-22

LOL... It was the owner being humorous.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-22

I would take him at his word and stay away. Is he mean?

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-22

He's my neighbor that sends over cookies, cakes, pieces of pie, fudge, ham....he is a wonderful neighbor!  ETA: Not so great for door to door callers, however!

Showtalk
Host

Jan-22

He is a wonderful neighbor. Keep him.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-22

I hope we can.  DD went over to meet his 9mo old rottie mix to dog sit in March. Puppie is huge!  And exuberant, with endless energy.  His dd won't dog sit for the puppie...she prefers chihuahuas, not dogs that are 30+" at the withers.  They visited outside with the pup running around non stop for over an hour.  I couldn't handle that much energy.  Dog looks like a rottie marked greyhound mixed with a giraffe.

Showtalk
Host

Jan-22

Their dog needs a lot of training.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Jeri (azpaints)

Jan-22

It was intentional...remember we live on acreage.  So the pup is running around, gets recalled, Made to sit praised, sent off again and corrected by voice when he thinks about leaving  the property...runs up to owner or DD, made to sit, stay, heel..whatever...then sent out to free range.  I didn't watch the whole hour plus, but the pup only disobeyed once that I saw.  Think of Sol..free range training the pups to always know where she was and to obey immediately. Puppies IMPO need "free to be a puppy" time...the important part is for them to immediately stop being a puppie and do as commanded.  Today the neighbor was working on getting the pup used to DD giving commands cause she will undoubtedly be the main puppy sitter as she has for most of his dogs. Saw one time pup was at least 125+ feet away and given the sit command and obeyed immediately, the return to dd on that was the one mistake- he tried to jump up on DD when she recalled him.