Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GDP and the US Dollar   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Apr-30 by WALTER784; 816 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Jun-16

GDP just hit 0... that means expect negative growth in the 3rd & 4th quarters as I originally projected.

Atlanta Fed’s GDP Tracker Falls To Zero

JOHN CARNEY
15 Jun 2022

Economic growth appears to have come to a standstill, a widely followed barometer of the economy showed Wednesday.

The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNOW estimate of economic growth based on data published through today fell to zero from 0.9 percent a week ago. The figure was dragged down by a variety of economic data released over the past week, including retail sales, and consumer prices.

This decline raises the possibility that the economy may contract for a second consecutive quarter, one conventional definition of an economic recession. The economy contracted at a 1.5 percent annual rate in the first three months of the year.

GDPNOW is not a forecast of economic growth. Instead, it is an economic model that tracks what recently released economic data indicates about the economy.

Atlanta Fed's GDP Tracker Falls To Zero (breitbart.com)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-16

That’s very dangerous for our country.  

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-16

Well, I said this would happen on May 1st, 2022... and now, we're at the zero mark heading into negative territory.

If our economists couldn't see this coming... please hire me because I'm not an economist, but I sure saw it coming!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-16

You saw it before they did.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-17

How's that?

They're the experts... I'm just a high school graduate! (* CHUCKLE *)

Answer is: I understand the economy, those supposed experts don't!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-17

Because you are self educated and informed.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-17

Great, so that means we have a bunch of uninformed people running our government... (* BARF *)

But looking at the current state of our economy... and the government policies... that sounds just about right!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

We knew they were uninformed before now.  Anyone can run for office, win, and be in charge of taxpayer money. They aren’t required to have any qualifications to handle money. They are not fiduciaries.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-18

If no qualifications are required to run our government... then we need to do away with our government!

That's not right!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-18

Just age, residency and for the President, citizenship.