Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you own or did you own a model tra...   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started May-18 by WALTER784; 313 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Poll Question From WALTER784

May-18

Do you own or did you own a model train set?
  • Yes - O gauge2  votes
    20%
  • Yes - N gauge1  vote
    10%
  • Yes - Z gauge0  votes
    0%
  • Yes - multiple of the above1  vote
    10%
  • Yes - Other gauge2  votes
    20%
  • No3  votes
    30%
  • Other (please explain)1  vote
    10%
Yes - O gauge 
Yes - N gauge 
Yes - Z gauge 
Yes - multiple of the above 
Yes - Other gauge 
No 
Other (please explain) 
Elarepea

May-18

i have an HO gauge Lionel train set that was my parents when I was little.  We'd put it up under the Christmas tree every year & my dad & I would make Lincoln Log houses & play with the train.  I need to get a new transformer for it.  When I plug it into the wall it just starts to smell hot.  

When my youngest son was probably about 8 I bought him a train from Sears that was fairly kid-friendly. When he got a few more years older, I bought a smaller, more detailed train.  Don't know the gauge but it's definitely abut 1/2 the size of my Lionel train.  

Finally, I still have to TONS of the wooden Thomas the Tank Engine trains, tracks, buildings, & accessories gathered over 4 kids.  

WALTER784
Staff

May-18

When I was 7, my Dad got me an HO gauge Lionel train for Christmas. He mounted it on this large board with switch tracks and a pass over bridge. He also put screws in the roof of my bedroom so that I could lower it from the roof when I wanted to play and then raise it back up to the roof when I didn't want to play. 

When I was 12, he got me an N gauge with lots of tracks but we never mounted that one. I did however, run it from one room to another room all over the whole length of our house. But Mom wouldn't let me keep it running for more than just a few hours. Got in her way of cleaning and moving about the house. LOL

And then, when I was about 30 years old, a friend of mine received a Z gauge train from one of his customers but he didn't want it so he gave it to me.

When my kids were small, we got them a PlayRail plastic rail set (battery operated) and an electric car circuit for them to play with.

About 8 years ago, my Dad packed up all the HO gauge and N gauge trains I played with and sent them to me. So now I have all of them, but no place to set them up. (* CHUCKLE *) Well, actually the Z gauge is so small I guess I could set it up, but just haven't had the time. One of those "TO DO" things that's still not completed. LOL

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-18

I’m envious of both of you. I was deprived.  We had a set but it wasn’t one of those.

WALTER784
Staff

May-19

Here are pictures of my Z gauge...

To give you an idea of how tiny they are:

It's so hard to get all the wheels on the track because it's so small, you really need to use this tool...

Elarepea

May-20

My dad's cousin, when they retired to Florida set up a train going around his front yard.  It was pretty good sized. 

WALTER784
Staff

May-21

They probably have a G (Garden) scale train...

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

May-21

That would be fun to watch.