Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Democrats are out of touch with reality   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-14 by WALTER784; 677 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jun-14

Interesting there is not one point of intersection. Isn’t the media also concerned with guns?

alankell

Jun-14

Can you run these same issues through the Gallup Poll filter?  I'd like to compare.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-15

If you would like to compare it... then you compare it.

FWIW

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-15

Yep, that's why the title... they're out of touch with reality!

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 3
alankell

Jun-15

I've read on this forum that inflation is squarely Joe Biden's fault.  Some of it might be...Democrats generally raise taxes and attempt to provide more services than Republicans.  However, America is in the throes of a massive supply chain issue.  The supply chain disruption is caused by the effects of COVID (which neither Trump nor Biden have much control over) and the vast numbers of Americans quitting their jobs (again, which neither Trump nor Biden can control).  People don't want to be exposed to the disease.  Perhaps some of those people are still living off government money.  Low wages are also a factor, and many people may be waiting for a better chance.

Among the people leaving the workforce are truck drivers, butchers and grocers from every department, and retailers across the board.  The absence of these workers contributes to shortages, and shortages create higher prices.  I doubt any president would be able to wrangle all these factors into a workable solution.  The Ukraine war disrupts the fuel chain, and fuel prices soar. 

Republicans generally support business and a strong economy.  The economy was the crown jewel in Trump's portfolio, and his political aspirations got flushed along with the economy.  The economy isn't treating Biden any better, but I'm certainly willing to believe the state of the economy isn't Biden's fault.  At least he's working on solutions, though sometimes he's opposed by members of both houses.  The one thing that might bring relief to the country is having all of the membership in both houses pull in the same direction, instead of engaging in political sniper fire.

All that said, I do believe the work of the Jan 6 Committee is important, and Trump (and a whole lot of Trump enablers, including anyone named Trump) probably belong in prison.

alankell

Jun-15

I suppose that's fair, though I don't know how to do the research.  I don't know there would be any significant difference between Gallup and a right wing polling service, but I will always object to biased polling and biased news sources.  There are unbiased sources; if their take is somewhat left of Rasmussen, it doesn't mean they are left wing.

• Edited June 15, 2022 11:26 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Host

Jun-15

You posted a lot so please give me the opportunity to address all of it.

Technically, nothing is Biden’s fault.  He is having serious cognitive issues and is not making major decisions. But because he is the titular head of the Democratic Party, he gets the blame and ultimately the responsibility. You are right, it’s the fault of the Democratic held Congress. Covid is a secondary cause. Initially, the supply chain was disrupted by Covid but it returned to a decent supply by the time Trump left office. Immediately upon taking over, Biden stopped the Alaska pipeline and started the plans to take away unused leases and slow down oil production. It was intentional as he promised to get rid of all fossil fuels. It’s not possible to do that and most Americans don’t want it. There are no alternatives.  Also a lot of products are made from oil or by products. Even gasoline is called petroleum jelly.  Fossil fuels are ubiquitous.

We should not be dependent on another country for our fuel.

Yes, truckers leaving disrupted the supply chain but the price of gas may shut it down completely. I saw diesel going for over $7 a gallon. That affects all of us.

Congress under Biden went on a spending spree. That causes inflation. Followed by too few goods to purchase, prices soar. We haven’t seen anything yet.  Republicans voted for the budget but only under duress. They did not create it. As long as the House spends like they are bipolar on a manic spending spree, we will all be in trouble. Biden said he wants to throw another 6 trillion in the economy.  That would do nothing but make it worse.

I don’t see the need for a Jan 6 committee when they aren’t investigating 7 months of riots that happened during the lockdowns. Jan 6 wasn’t even a full day. It was a few hours. 

Showtalk
Host

Jun-15

What polling research do you want done? I will go back in this topic and see if I can figure out what you are asking and if it’s possible to find it.

Showtalk
Host

Jun-15

I edited out criticism of the forum. I don’t know any host that allows members to talk about the forum on the forum. If you have questions or complaints, bring them to me privately. Cstar who started this forum locked out anyone who didn’t like the way she ran things. I don’t do that but I do ask people to complain to me via PM.  All views are welcome. However, I’ve noticed people with certain views can’t stand being questioned or seeing anyone argue against their views and leave.