Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is it OK for drag queens to teach K1~...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Jun-23 by WALTER784; 2196 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Poll Question From WALTER784

Jun-23

Is it OK for drag queens to teach K1~12 how to put drag makeup on in school?
  • Yes3  votes
    20%
  • Are you kidding? (See next post)0  votes
    0%
  • No12  votes
    80%
Yes 
Are you kidding? (See next post) 
No 
Showtalk
Host

Jun-23

Not at all. A friend’s child was groomed and assaulted in a preschool where he was supposed to be safe. The child was so terrified he never told his parents. They only found out when the police showed them a video tape.  They were devastated.  He had nightmares and trauma for years.  There needs to be a line between acceptable behaviors and potentially criminal ones.  This would just make it easier for crimes to happen.

• Edited June 23, 2022 10:50 am  by  Showtalk
WALTER784
Staff

Jun-23

Then it should be a crime to spend taxpayer dollars on drag queens to come to our K1~12 schools for what ever reason!

FWIW

• Edited June 23, 2022 10:53 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Jun-23

A gay adult male I talked to is horrified by this. He thinks it will make all gay people targets of people who think they are all pedophiles.  His group are very careful to stay away from children.

WALTER784
Staff

Jun-23

Showtalk said...

A gay adult male I talked to is horrified by this. He thinks it will make all gay people targets of people who think they are all pedophiles.  His group are very careful to stay away from children.

Then tell him to complain to the Democrats and vote Republican in midterms and 2024!

The Democrats are the ones promulgating this ideocracy!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jun-23

Have you heard of Log Cabin Republicans? Not all gay people are liberal Democrats or even Democrats.  

Gwg (gwg1965)

Jun-23

Is this an actual poll or just a vacuum to have your opinions reaffirmed? Drag queens and gay people don't "groom" anyone for anything. You are born that way, full stop. Maybe having an affirming experience would stop a young person from hating themselves for being gay? Stop saying that gay people are pedophiles nothing could be further from the truth.

Gwg (gwg1965)

Jun-23

Groomed and assaulted by, drag queens?

Showtalk
Host

Jun-23

If you were less sensitive you would see what was meant.  No, most people aren’t interested in pedophilia but it happens.  I ran a forum for parents of professional actors since 2002.  We were horrified to find out that pretty much every single boy who works in entertainment for any length of time has been approached by adult males for nefarious purposes. People I know in real time. A few men I met in the industry.  The stories are so bad I will not post them here as examples.  Two members of that forum started a non profit and as part of that offered free advice and help for parents.  It is a serious possibility and to deny it because one’s feelings are hurt doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.  

Would people approve of straight men having that kind of access to little girls? Absolutely not.  All this new makeup thing does is causes more discrimination against trans people, not less.  You don’t know me at all but I am not your opponent.

The point is not that all drag queens are pedophiles. I would guess very few are. But people with bad intentions tend to go where they can have easy access to children.  

• Edited June 23, 2022 4:29 pm  by  Showtalk