Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is there such a thing as Rebound Covid?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Jul-31 by Showtalk; 741 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Jul-31

Is there such a thing as Rebound Covid?
  • Yes. It's possible to get two separate cases back to back3  votes
    30%
  • Yes, but it's the original infection which was not over even with negative te...2  votes
    20%
  • No, that is a term used for political purposes to be exploited later3  votes
    30%
  • No, but it means Paxlovid may be ineffective0  votes
    0%
  • I've never heard of it0  votes
    0%
  • Other2  votes
    20%
Yes. It's possible to get two separate cases back to back 
Yes, but it's the original infection which was not over even with negative te... 
No, that is a term used for political purposes to be exploited later 
No, but it means Paxlovid may be ineffective 
I've never heard of it 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Jul-31

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Jul-31

WALTER784
Staff

Jul-31

I voted other.

I looked up all kinds of articles from our CDC, Washington Post, medical blogs, etc.

Initially, rebound Covid was thought to be rare, but now many are saying is more common than they originally thought. (i.e. they're not really sure, but it's not as rare as initially thought.) Which means they don't have enough data to make any conclusive prognosis, just more guesses.

And of all the sites I looked at, they all seem to be tied to the medication Paxlovid. So perhaps there might be something in Paxlovid that causes this? They didn't mention that in any of the articles I looked at.

My take on it all... I don't think Biden has rebound Covid at all... they're just saying that (using it as an excuse) to keep him out of the public eye a bit longer! (* CHUCKLE *)

Edited to add: [I mean they've lied about everything else thus far!]

FWIW

• Edited July 31, 2022 10:46 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

I think they want to use it before the election in some way.  It’s possible Paxlovid cures well enough for someone to test negative, but when they stop taking it, the symptoms return.  One thing mentioned in a video which I think I posted, is that it is prescribed for a short period of time. It may need to be taken longer.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-1

Well, I only have my own definition of rebound Covid to counter that with.

I've been following Covid since the first outbreak in numerous countries and posted quite a few posts about what I thought was happening.

However, initially, I was trashed for endangering the lives of the world. (* ROFLMAO *)

But, here it is, Aug 2022, two years and eight months after the first known outbreak (prior to the Oct 2019 Wuhan outbreak we discovered later), and I'm still unvaxed.

I never pushed or attempted to force anybody NOT to take the vaccine, but I also profusely refused to take the vaccine myself.

I'm not the killer that many in this forum previously accused me of because I never got Covid. And if you don't get Covid, you cannot spread it. So, what was all that hogwash about that because I don't get a vaccination that I'm automatically cornered as a killer?

Well... now... 2 years and 8 months later... I have an answer. But many will not be able to accept.

I've killed nobody, but the vaccines have killed hundreds of thousands of people all around the world... quite a few well know athletes and Olympians to boot!

So now, on to the rebound Covid... and my definition:

Rebound Covid is that which happens to those who have been vaccinated! Profoundly simple, but throughout all of my research on the matter, I've yet to find a single unvaccinated person who had Covid that got it again. I've heard of cases of such, but when you follow through, they never pan out. Those who have been unvaccinated have NOT gotten Covid again.

Every single case of a second Covid... or as I myself define it... rebound Covid... has had one or two vaccines and/or probably one or two booster shots to boot!

NOBODY WHO HAS NOT BEEN VACCINATED HAS GOTTEN COVID TWICE!!!

Let that sink in!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-1

I don’t think it has anything to do with vaccines.  Unless vaccinated  people get symptom reductions and then it comes back where u vaccinated have longer illnesses.  

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-2

Showtalk said...

I don’t think it has anything to do with vaccines.  Unless vaccinated  people get symptom reductions and then it comes back where u vaccinated have longer illnesses.  

I cannot agree with that.

I've posted this before, but nobody seems to want to look at facts.

India has a population of 1,408,199,217.
USA has a population of 331,002,651.

That means that India has roughly 4.25 times more people than the US.

Today, only 66% of India is vaccinated meaning that 44% (slightly less than half) are unvaccinated.

By comparison, the US had 1,055,576 deaths where as India only had 526,396 deaths.

On May 6, 2021, the US only had 47,949 new cases. On Jan 13, 2022, the USA was reporting over 909,386 new cases per day with over 92% or more of the people vaccinated at that time. Today, that number is around 120,509 new cases per day.

By comparison, here are the stats for India.

On May 5, 2021, India peaked at 412,618 new cases (almost 9 times the US). On Jan 20, 2022, India had only 347.254 new cases per day with less than 60% of the people vaccinated at that time. Today, that number of new cases is 20,408 new cases per day with only 66% vaccinated.

And 95% of the new cases in India are from vaccinated people. (i.e. only 5% of the non vaccinated are catching the current version of Covid going around. In other words, Covid spreads faster among the vaccinated!!!

FWIW
  • Edited August 2, 2022 4:20 am  by  WALTER784
In reply toRe: msg 8
WALTER784
Staff

Aug-2

Addendum to the above.

India has a population 4.2 times greater than the US, but even at it's peak in Jan 2021 (less than half of our Jan 2022 peak)... when they didn't even have the vaccine available yet, they started issuing Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin because they just couldn't get their hands on enough of the vaccine. Later on, they started issuing the vaccine around Jun 2021 to many people, but even today, only 66% are vaccinated but their peak numbers are only half of ours and their death rates are only one quarter of ours.

I would like some kind of medical explanation from professionals for all of the above anomalies. Until then I'm sticking to my guns that the vaccine is causing the spread!

Because they have a population 4.2 times ours, their numbers should be 3.8 ~ 4 times higher as well! But that is just not the case. 

They used non vaccine methods until they got a hold of the vaccine and are doing much much much much much better than we are!

So what's the biggest difference? We got vaccinated earlier and our peak came in Jan 2022 after 85% or more were vaccinated!

FWIW

• Edited August 2, 2022 4:39 am  by  WALTER784
WALTER784
Staff

Aug-2

Addendum to the above:

Now let's compare Japan...

Japan didn't start issuing the vaccinations until late Dec 2021...

And guess what happened? Shortly after the vaccinations were administered... Covid cases skyrocketed!!!

So now, you're wanting me to believe that vaccines have absolutely nothing to do with this phenomenon?

If you do, I wanna sell you my title to the London Bridge!!! (* ROFLMAO *)

Sorry, but I'm not buying that the vaccines have nothing to do with the spread until I get factual proof otherwise!

Edited to add: Why would the Democrats be pushing for everybody to get vaccinated otherwise? So that they can keep their fear and power over the people! Now that is something I can and do believe!

FWIW

• Edited August 2, 2022 5:04 am  by  WALTER784