Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How to figure out what gender you are   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Aug-3 by WALTER784; 655 views.
Showtalk
Host

Aug-3

Now there are 64 different genders.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-4

I've heard the count was up to 72.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-4

Those are various terms,  or actual individual genders.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-5

I've heard Watters World mention 69 genders and Ben Shapiro mention 72 genders.

But I think the number may have also grown since then too.

The more they have... the better the confusion for those buying their BS.

Why is it we had no problem defining gender 240 years ago, 100 years ago, 50 years ago, 25 years ago, 12 years ago, but only start having problems defining gender from 5 or 6 years ago! The only thing that changed is their definition.

If a mentally retarded person is renamed mentally unstable or mentally challenged, does it make them any less mentally retarded?

If 2 quarters of negative GDP growth is a recession and you rename recession to not mean 2 quarters of negative GDP, does it make it any less of a recession?

And on and on and on with the politically correct word games!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Aug-5

It’s a distraction.  I read an interesting argument about Japan, which they claim is a gender fluid society because much of the anime contains people of ambiguous genders.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-5

ROFLMAO... 

I don't watch their anime, but the Japanese themselves are basically men and women with a few mixed gay and lesbian, but they are quite few. I haven't heard anything similar to the gender dysphoria that's occurring in the US happening here.

I'll have to check about what current anime is printing, but I doubt that statement. Anime is anime and real life is real life... they're different.

FWIW

• Edited August 5, 2022 12:18 pm  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Aug-5

For some anime is real life.  It was a Reddit. Probably all young American males whom don’t live in Japan.

WALTER784
Staff

Aug-6

Maybe somebody has modified the original Japanese to gender-fy the content for the US?

Edited to add: Or perhaps it's US content mimicking Japanese anime and labeled Japanese?

FWIW 

• Edited August 6, 2022 12:14 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Aug-6

No, it’s coming from Japan, but they do westernize components.  Even the translations contain American humor and puns.