Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should the FBI be labeled as a "Domes...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Aug-27 by WALTER784; 9705 views.
WALTER784
Staff

Nov-15

Politicized FBI commits ‘massive errors,’ dramatically under counts number of times armed citizens stop active shooters

Thursday, October 13, 2022
by: JD Heyes

(Natural News) Once again, more proof has emerged that the FBI should be disbanded because it is nothing more than an agency whose sole purpose is to create false narratives and protect the deep state regime to the detriment of our Constitution.

According to a new report from the Crime Prevention Research Center, the bureau has significantly undercounted — likely on purpose — the number of times armed citizens have used their firearms to stop criminals and criminal behavior, Fox News reported this week. Turns out that ‘a good guy with a gun’ stops criminal behavior many more times than Americans have been led to believe.

“Although collecting such data is fraught with challenges, some see a pattern of distortion in the FBI numbers because the errors almost exclusively go one way, minimizing the life-saving actions of armed citizens,” says the report by Crime Prevention Research Center founder and president John Lott, the network added.

An introduction to the report states:

The shooting that killed three people and injured another at a Greenwood, Indiana, mall on July 17 drew broad national attention because of how it ended – when 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, carrying a licensed handgun, fatally shot the attacker.

While Dicken was praised for his courage and skill – squeezing off his first shot 15 seconds after the attack began, from a distance of 40 yards – much of the immediate news coverage drew from FBI-approved statistics to assert that armed citizens almost never stop such attackers: “Rare in US for an active shooter to be stopped by bystander” (Associated Press); “Rampage in Indiana a rare instance of armed civilian ending mass shooting” (Washington Post); and “After Indiana mall shooting, one hero but no lasting solution to gun violence” (New York Times).

Brighteon.TV

In fact, Lott and his research team found that lawful uses of a firearm to prevent crime are a lot more common than the 4.4 percent of instances the FBI frequently touts.

“Evidence compiled by the Crime Prevention Research Center shows that the sources the media relied on undercounted the number of instances in which armed citizens have thwarted such attacks by an order of more than ten, saving untold numbers of lives. Of course, law-abiding citizens stopping these attacks are not rare,” the report states.

“What is rare is national news coverage of those incidents. Although those many news stories about the Greenwood shooting also suggested that the defensive use of guns might endanger others, there is no evidence that these acts have harmed innocent victims,” Lott noted further.

According to the FBI, armed citizens only thwarted active shooter incidents in 11 of 252 instances between 2014 and 2021. The bureau describes active shooter incidents as any involving an individual who kills or attempts to kill people in a public, populated area, but it doesn’t include incidents the agency deems is related to other criminal activity like robbery or drug turf battles.

“An analysis by my organization identified a total of 360 active shooter incidents during that period and found that an armed citizen stopped 124,” Lott noted in his report. “A previous report looked at only instances when armed civilians stopped what likely would have been mass public shootings. There were another 24 cases that we didn’t include where armed civilians stopped armed attacks, but the suspect didn’t fire his gun. Those cases are excluded from our calculations, though it could be argued that a civilian also stopped what likely could have been an active shooting event.”

He added: “The FBI reported that armed citizens thwarted 4.4% of active shooter incidents, while the CPRC found 34.4%.”

Lott speculated as to why there was such a large discrepancy between the actual occasions where an armed citizen stopped another armed criminal and what the FBI claims: “misclassified shootings” and “overlooked incidents.”

We tend to believe there is a third reason: “Political narrative that justifies more gun control.”

Politicized FBI commits ‘massive errors,’ dramatically under counts number of times
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
In reply toRe: msg 132
WALTER784
Staff

Nov-25

WALTER784 said...

BREAKING: Court Orders FBI to Produce the Information It Possesses Related to Seth Rich’s Laptop within 14 Days

By Joe Hoft
Published September 29, 2022 at 1:30pm

BREAKING: Court Orders FBI to Produce the Information It Possesses Related to Seth Rich's Laptop within 14 Days (thegatewaypundit.com)

Guess what?

HUGE: FBI Now Wants 66 Years Before Releasing Information on Seth Rich – Information They Originally DENIED They Had!

By Jim Hoft
Published October 28, 2022 at 12:48pm

In September US District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas ordered the FBI to “produce the information it possesses related to Seth Rich’s laptop.”

In our previous reporting, The Gateway Pundit’s Joe Hoft reported on the FBI’s refusal to release documents on Seth Rich. To this day we still don’t have good information on Seth Rich’s murder. He was shot in the back twice in the early morning near his home. He died later in the hospital. The police recorded the event as a robbery and yet Rich’s phone, wallet, and personal items were with him when the police arrived.

Some people suspect Rich was the source of the emails that went to WikiLeaks before the 2016 Election related to Hillary and her corrupt actions over many years. These emails were ignored by the corrupt mainstream media but were shared by Wikileaks and on social media at that time.  The left blamed Wikileaks as one reason why Hillary Clinton lost to President Trump in 2016.

A short time after Seth Rich’s death, the Russia collusion story was created. It is also suspected in certain circles that the Russia collusion story was created to keep eyes off of Seth Rich’s murder.

The FBI denied possessing any information or files related to the Seth Rich murder. But that was not true and eventually, the information was discovered.  The FBI was forced to admit they were holding information on Seth Rich.

Attorney Ty Clevenger brought the government to court and last month the FBI was ordered to turn over information on Seth Rich’s computer that they possessed, and documents pertaining to Crowdstrike and the purported hack of the DNC in 2016.

And now, once again, the FBI is stalling!

What are they hiding? Why won’t they turn the information over?

Ty Clevenger at Lawflog reported earlier this month that the FBI is stalling on the release of the documents:

Yesterday the government asked for more time to respond to U.S. District Judge Amos Mazzant’s September 29, 2022 order directing the FBI to produce all records related to Seth Rich’s laptop. Somewhat relatedly, the FBI is withholding three reports produced by CrowdStrike in August of 2016 regarding the purported hack of the Democratic National Committee.

First the laptop. The FBI wants two more weeks so it can prepare a motion for reconsideration. As a courtesy, we have not objected to the request. According to the government’s motion, “the FBI is uncertain how to comply with the Court’s order as written, and the FBI is seeking input from a pending appellate consultation regarding the order to properly address this issue.”

The order itself is pretty straightforward, at least with respect to Seth’s personal laptop, because it directs the FBI to “produce the information it possesses related to Seth Rich’s laptop and responsive to Plaintiff’s FOIA requests within 14 days of this Order.” On the other hand, the order does not discuss Seth’s work laptop, which is also in the possession of the FBI.

I’m waiting for the FBI to explain what it thinks needs to be clarified, then I may be filing my own motion for clarification. Meanwhile, the FBI has cited only one narrow basis for withholding the records related to Seth’s laptop, namely his privacy. I’m not sure why it takes four weeks and an appellate lawyer to figure out why the judge did or didn’t get that issue right.

In any event, I’m reminded of something that I learned almost thirty years ago when I was a newspaper reporter: people with nothing to hide don’t try to hide nothing.

Now this…

On Friday, Chris Wray’s FBI asked
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Showtalk
Host

Nov-25

There is a lot of suspicion about his death but it's another one of those things reporters aren't allowed to talk about.

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-26

Suspicion that cannot be talked about by reporters and the FBI doesn't want to release details of for 66 years.

I'm 64 now, so in 66 years, I'll be 130 years old. Those older than me will be even older than that. (i.e. Most people over 40 years old today won't be around!

The FBI was given 14 days to hand it over. Call in the National Guard to raid the FBI building and remove it... with force if required!

Give the FBI a taste of their own strongarming!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-26

They have not complied to many FOIA requests. They won’t comply with this demand.

WALTER784
Staff

Nov-26

That's why I said... >>>Call in the National Guard to raid the FBI building and remove it... with force if required!<<<

I bet that would surprise them.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Dec-3

They would know in advance.

WALTER784
Staff

Dec-3

Raid 'em anyway!

Show them what they're doing to ordinary citizens!

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 181
WALTER784
Staff

Dec-4

Warrantless is about as terroristic as it gets because it's against the law!!!

FARRELL: FBI Warrantless Search of Americans' Bank Records Following Jan 6!

FWIW

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784
Staff

Dec-10

Thus far, the votes are:

Should the FBI be labeled as a "Domestic Terrorist" organization?

Yes  
12 votes (50%)
Perhaps/maybe  
0 votes (0%)
Some parts of it    
2 votes (8%)
I'm not sure  
0 votes (0%)
No    
2 votes (8%)
Absolutely not    
7 votes (29%)