Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Inflation reduction act reality...   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Sep-29 by WALTER784; 189 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-3

It’s happening now. I drove by a gas station and reminded my self I needed to buy gas. I stopped in a few hours later to buy it and the price was 30 cents a gallon higher.

WALTER784
Staff

Oct-3

Any decrease in gas price Biden announces is only good for about 12 ~ 16 hours after he announces it.

Then things go back up.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-5

They will continue to go up until Republicans can implement changes that will bring them back down again.

WALTER784
Staff

Oct-5

Yes, but even with a majority in both chambers, Biden still has veto powers.

So, they may be limited in what they can change as far as new laws are concerned, but they can prevent further erosion once they're in the majority.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-5

There is a lot they can do.

WALTER784
Staff

Oct-6

Yes, it would be better than what current government is continuing to do. Much of what they have planned for the last 2 years of Biden's term can be stifled reducing any more additional pain they planned on dishing out!

FWIW

don5328

Oct-6

It is going to go much higher now that OPEC just announced a huge reduction in production.

WALTER784
Staff

Oct-6

don5328 said...

It is going to go much higher now that OPEC just announced a huge reduction in production.

Greedy SOBs...

I say that because... (and I'm not referring to our Strategic Oil Reserves, because they are different)... but I'm referring to our currently locally stored oil for general use which has been sitting in large tanks for the past few months.

When OPEC raises prices, our oil companies should raise their prices 2.5 to 3 months after the OPEC price goes up.

And likewise, when OPEC lowers prices, our oil companies should lower their prices 2.5 to 3 months after the OPEC price goes down.

That means that oil they imported 2.5 to 3 months ago is being sold at current prices... NOT the lower prices they paid 2.5 to 3 months ago!

I repeat... greedy SOBs!!!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-6

Ours will go up towards $10 a gallon.