Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Did you get a shingles shot?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Feb-12 by Showtalk; 294 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Feb-12

Did you get a shingles shot?
  • Yes12  votes
    52%
  • Not yet but I plan to3  votes
    13%
  • No, I don't plan to4  votes
    17%
  • I'm not old enough1  vote
    4%
  • It's too late, I already have shingles1  vote
    4%
  • Other2  votes
    8%
Yes 
Not yet but I plan to 
No, I don't plan to 
I'm not old enough 
It's too late, I already have shingles 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

The media flooded the news with shingles horror stories.  Then the first shot they created was only 65% effective and faded.  So they came up with a new one that is close to 100% effective but the manufacturer could not make enough to supply pharmacists.  There was only one manufacturer for the whole U.S.  A friend got shingles and she was unable to leave her house much for a year due to such severe pain, she couldn’t wear clothes over the blisters.  She is in her 50s.  

ANNMTM

Feb-13

I had the first one. When I had my first Medicare physical, the doc told me I'd need the new one(s) (as it is two shots). The first one hurt like hell, the shot itself, and then I was very

sore. I'm glad I'm not poor-each shot cost me $174 with a high end supplement insurance. Better than shingles. I've known people who had it, and their experiences were bad to horrific.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

There are two shots?  

ANNMTM

Feb-13

Yep, series of two, second taken 2-6 months after the first.

Song~ (_Song_)

Feb-14

Got shingles of the eye 5 years before they came out with the first vaccine. Took me that 5 years to get all the issues it caused with my eye taken care of. Then I got the first shot in 2009 and just finished getting the new 2 part shots last month.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-15

That must have been terribly painful.  I thought if someone got the first shot they only needed one of the second.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-17

Both Series One and Series Two, excellent insurance really helps.  In spite of may folks that DO have excellent insurance plans, far too many are failing to get this thing slowed to a crawl.

Showtalk
Staff

Feb-17

Are you saying people who should get the shot aren’t?  At first they said it was only for elderly people, but now they are saying anyone 50 or over should get it.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Feb-17

How many do not get the flu shot? and that is damned near free in most of the USA.  Yes, there are idiots that decline shots or immunizations for fear of poisoning or worse by the evil government.