Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What do,you think about the positive vaccine news? (SNP)   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Nov-9 by Showtalk; 5467 views.

Instead of a new toaster oven I would buy an Emerill oven (or even another brand, but like it) , with bake, broil & air fryer functions, an all in one.  A friend has one.  It's size is just right.  I only have separate ones because I want to use these till they fail (which I hope isn't anytime soon...lol)

• EMERIL'S 9-1- AIRFRYER :Replace your countertop convection oven! 5 all-over heating elements mimic a commercial-quality oven for perfect, even cooking. Most convection ovens only have 3. 12 pre-set cooking functions let you choose what you want to cook and how: custom toaster oven setting for up to 6 slices of bread, roast a whole turkey, bake desserts, air fry fried chicken, slow cooking up to 10 hours, roast vegetables, dehydrate jerky and fruit, bake crisp-crust pizza & more.
  • BETTER THAN ORDINARY CONVECTION OVENS : 360° Quick Cook Technology and five super powerful heating elements mean your meals cook evenly on all sides in a whirlwind of super-heated air for crispy, delicious flavors. No added fats, oils, or unhealthy grease required. Get chef-quality results in one compact, 1500-Watt countertop oven - 40% faster than regular ovens
  • EXTRA VERSATILE :LCD Digital Display with 12 Cooking Functions: Air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, reheat, roast, broil, bagel, pizza, slow cook, and warm / reheat. Using an air fryer over a traditional deep fryer can help reduce the number of unhealthy calories you consume by up to 70% while still letting you enjoy your favorite foods.
  • STAINLESS-STEEL CONSTRUCTION : A sleek, state-of-the art appliance to complement your kitchen and surrounding accessories, this all-in-one air fryer, rotisserie, and dehydrator oven provides long-lasting versatility and an XL 930 cubic inch capacity. Includes a crisper tray, rotisserie spit, pizza rack, baking pan, drip tray, and cook book with recipes written by Emeril himself!
  • TRUSTED EMERIL LAGASSE Quality : Every multi-purpose hot air fryer we produce is backed by chef-quality design, construction, and support to ensure it lasts through every evening meal, holiday dinner, and quick bite of delicious fries!
 See more product details

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Showtalk
Host

Dec-14

I would love one but I don’t have room. I have limited counter space with usable outlets.

Oh I thought you needed a new one & could put a new one in the place where your present one is.   When your present one gives up there will new choices.  It's just nice to have an all in one.

kizmet1

Dec-14

I considered this one but the one I got also dehydrates and has the same wattage. Again,it may roast a turkey but in what and how big of one? The ad says it toasts 6 slices of bread. My new one toasts 12. That seems to be the way convection ovens are measured now.
An earlier one I had came with rotisserie. It was nice but rarely used.

If you are talking about your Oster French door convection oven, it is not advertised as an air fryer. Yours does not have the air fryer function.  As a rule convection ovens are larger than air fryers.

Amazon has pictures & you can tell the size by that.  I'm not sure what size turkey will fit in there.  You can always look in person at the different appliances at the different stores you go too.  

There are several different brands of oven air fryers, that's just one of them.  

BTW, one can dehydrate in a regular oven, just turn it down very low.  I've done celery leaves in one before when I ended up with too much celery after Thanksgiving.  I only use it for my dressing then.  Then I place it in an empty spice bottle that I've recycled.  smile

kizmet1

Dec-15

I compared sizes and prices. I really like roast chicken but I really hate cutting it up raw. When the oven I bought came on sale I knew it was meant for me.

I don't like cutting up raw chicken either.  If I am going to, I will use plastic gloves & that helps me get the job done.  

kizmet1

Dec-15

Good idea.
I do not have any strength in my neck and shoulders to cut anything raw. Also, I just really, really like whole roast chicken. Sneaking into the kitchen and cutting a bite off when I was 2 and a half is one of my earliest memories. It just hit the spot.

Oh gosh, that's good.  I don't have any memories that early .  I can't say that I like roasted chicken that much though.  I like it but it's not my favorite.

kizmet1

Dec-15

Everyone fried. I loved seafood but always asked for roast chicken on my birthday. The exception to frying were my gps. Their stove had a built in well for stews and soup. They always made stewed chicken, stewed everything. I was so glad when parts were no longer made for it and the well was turned into a burner.