Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should animals be allowed to inherit huge estates?   The Nurturing You: Feel Good, Fun and Helpful Polls

Started Nov-18 by Showtalk; 673 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-18

Should animals be allowed to inherit huge estates?
  • Yes, as long as they pay taxes2  votes
    22%
  • No, the money should go to a human family member1  vote
    11%
  • No, the money should go to charity0  votes
    0%
  • Why are extremely wealthy people leaving money to animals?5  votes
    55%
  • Other1  vote
    11%
Yes, as long as they pay taxes 
No, the money should go to a human family member 
No, the money should go to charity 
Why are extremely wealthy people leaving money to animals? 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Nov-18

This dog is the 4th generation to inherit

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-18

Lucky for us, we can leave our money and assets (by will or trust) to anyone, anything or any animal of our choice.  I've seen some real wild wills in my day.  If we don't have a will, the state will gladly decide who gets our stuff.  I guess I'd rather have my pets benefit than have it go to the third cousin I haven't seen in 45 years, as an example.  

WALTER784

Nov-19

The handlers are taking advantage of the dog and the dog doesn't even know it.

I'm a dog lover, but this is ridiculous.

The dog decides nothing... the handlers decide everything.

I think the handlers should be fired and let me take care of the dog! That way only a single person and not multiple people would be required... and I would ensure that at least the 16th generation Gunther XIV would still have quite a few bucks to boot. (* ROFLMAO *)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

But then you have to have someone execute the will and care for the dog without stealing the money. What if the last dog in the line passes away without heirs?

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

Too funny.  The handlers are the ones who live in the estates and enjoy the wealth.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-19

Most legacies to an animal expire on the animals death and the remainder of the estate is distributed per the rest, residue and remainder terms of the will...

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

This one keeps going to the next heir.  This is apparently a very prolific line.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-19

Assuming it's a natural breeding to a female who has multiple puppies per litter they must choose the first born male?  How many females does he breed?  Do they sell the other pups?  Is it AI with a frozen embryo?  Questions questions questions 

Showtalk
Host

Nov-19

I don’t know any of that.  Good questions.