Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should DACA recipients be deported?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Sep-5 by Cstar1; 887 views.
Cstar1
Host

Sep-13

They can't become citizens via the DACA program.

There's a long set of FAQ here: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/frequently-asked-questions. This is the relevant part:

VI. Miscellaneous 

Q68: Does deferred action provide me with a path to permanent resident status or citizenship?
A68: No. Deferred action is a form of prosecutorial discretion that does not confer lawful permanent resident status or a path to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights.

The only thing it does is defer prosecution and deportation. 

"Since we were brought here illegally we don't really have that option," says Arcos. "With the permit that we have we can't leave the country, we can't apply for residency and we don't have that path."

ANNMTM

Sep-13

We did have fun, thanks.

Re-read my post, I did say white illegals get deported. They do *NOT* have POTUS exhorting agents to go get them ALL over the country, however. 

LOL and I doubt Trump knows a Canadian wall would be impossible. If he wanted them gone he'd say it. He doesn't. Just Hispanics.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Sep-14

Thank you for correcting me. I wasn't aware of that.