Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Which pet do you prefer?   The Curious You: Your Polls

Started 11/10/19 by Showtalk; 795 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Mar-28

Currently we have dogs and cats.  In the past we had dogs, cats, horses, a goat and a Barbados sheep.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-28

Herding dogs.

Jeri (azpaints)

Mar-29

Yes, we downsized to the Aussie...smaller herding dog, less protective (pets from anyone overrules protection).  

Herding breeds are a whole new way if life when all you've been around are breeds bred to be people companions.

Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

They are different. 

kizmet1

Mar-29

I have only had a cat and a dog. I think you get out of a pet what you need. Some never talk to or pet their pets or let them into the house I was not like that.
Having a poodle caused a big rift among my relatives as he slept in my room. They felt he was a germ with feet. They only had outdoor dogs. Years later, they all ended up with dogs that slept in their bedrooms.
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

Dogs sleep better and are quieter when they sleep in a bedroom with an owner.

kizmet1

Mar-29

I believe that.
Early Russians bred poodles. Tiny ones fit in the big sleeves of rich women to keep them warm. The bigger poodles were good hunters and slept with the men to keep them warm. (Sorry for adding this. The people I got my poodle from sent him home with me with a book on his breed. It stuck with me).
Showtalk
Staff

Mar-29

You can post anything. It’s interesting.

MerlinsDad

Apr-9

I have become a devoted cat person.  It's all George Frederick's fault.  I had never been around a cat much until he came to live with us.  He had more felinality than most of the people I know, made me laugh every day, showed an abundance of affection, and was boss kitty.  I loved just watching him be a cat.  Because of 20 years with George Frederick, I love cats.

Mandy is the only one we have now, but she's a little sweetie. 

She's practically 16.  While she will never fill the empty spots of George Frederick or of Merlin (whose self-assigned role in life was to be my buddy), she has created a spot of her own in my heart.