Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you watching the primary election coverage?   The Serious You: Politics

Started Feb-12 by Showtalk; 362 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Feb-12

Are you watching the primary election coverage?
  • Yes, as often as I can3  votes
    23%
  • A little every Election Day2  votes
    15%
  • Just the highlights1  vote
    7%
  • I'm waiting for the major primaries1  vote
    7%
  • I will watch only the election coverage in November0  votes
    0%
  • None, I'm just want to know the outcome3  votes
    23%
  • I get coverage from a source other than TV (radio, newspaper, Internet, etc)2  votes
    15%
  • Other1  vote
    7%
Yes, as often as I can 
A little every Election Day 
Just the highlights 
I'm waiting for the major primaries 
I will watch only the election coverage in November 
None, I'm just want to know the outcome 
I get coverage from a source other than TV (radio, newspaper, Internet, etc) 
Other 
kizmet1

Feb-13

I follow discussions posted on Delphi from all angles and then try to verify what I've read, pro and con a candidate or issue.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

That’s one way to do it.  

kizmet1

Feb-13

I like doing my own research rather than voting a straight party ticket.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

Yes, you’ve said that before.  In today’s climate, your attitude is unusual.  I never talk to anyone who votes across party lines anymore.

kizmet1

Feb-13

I have had big disappointments from politicians of my family's 4 generation party when I needed help so I left for the "I's" and have not had any regrets. Politicians are not the way they used to be.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

Some are some aren’t. It bothers me that they get elected and immediately start working toward reelection.

kizmet1

Feb-13

Yes, especially US senators. One of mine only shows up at ekecyion time. When not in DC he spends all his spare time with 2nd wife rearing a second family in NY. He is in his 60's.
Showtalk
Staff

Feb-13

I never see mine. I’m sure they are somewhere, probably raising money.  I never hear about local events. Even during the election, they were never here. They sent other people out to stump for them

kizmet1

Feb-13

I remember when politicians were more involved in the community. Of course, those in DC got free or cheap air fare but they showed up when not working.
I was in an organization working to get a national law passed to help particular people. We sent letters to all 6 Reps and Senators from our state. 5 sent what amounted to form letters. The 6th sent what looked like a hand typed personal letter about how he related to our cause and would do what he could to support it. That was 1980. New lawyer from out of town knocked him out in the primary and got his seat in Nov. All we heard from his staff was Reaganomics this and Reaganomics that. Rep later became the senator who lives in NYC. Totally useless to voters.